All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello!! I am new and need some advice :)
      #167520 - 04/06/05 08:35 AM
Leshabug

Reged: 04/05/05

Hello my name is Alecia and I am 24 years old...I have never really been on a diet to control my IBS until recently my problem has caused me a lot of grief...I am always exhausted, my stomach is so bloated i look as though i am preg..Constipated.i haven't gotten my period in 2 1/2 months..and i am not preg:) I have gained 10-15 lbs in the last six months...I have gotten all blood and urine tests back and they are normal...I am really frustrated and feel as though i am not going to beat this...Are these all normal symptoms...I know that stress is a major factor in this...Please help!! Thanks so much

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello!! I am new and need some advice :) new
      #167532 - 04/06/05 09:15 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Hi and welcome to the board. Theres alot of good information and people out here. I don't think I can answer all your questions but constipation and bloating afre definately symptoms. As for you period- I don't know about that- I have had IBS for close to two years and never missed my period. Now I have heard that stress will affect someones period. What diagnostic tests have you had done??
Ultrasound, Cat scan, colonscopy, sigmoidoscopy??? Are you taking any meds for your IBS???
Have you started taking a SFS??
Melissa

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#167533 - 04/06/05 09:18 AM
123linda

Reged: 04/01/05
Loc: France

Hello,I am also new and my name is Linda.The only way to go is to try Heather's diet.It sounds difficult,but really it isn't and the better you feel,the more you realise how worthwhile it is to persevere.I was in a terrible state,but I am gradually feeling better and better.The real breakthrough was finding out that I also have celiac so I have to cut out all foods with gluten.Read Heather's advice carefully and then go for it.If you have worries or difficulties there seem to be lots of people here who can help.Good luck!

#167550 - 04/06/05 09:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Missing your period is NOT a symptom of IBS although it can be caused by stress. Your OBGYN can prescribe you a 10 dose of Provera to get your periods started again. Everything else does sound like IBS but you need to have the proper testing done to be sure its nothing else!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Hi. Welcome. new
      #167584 - 04/06/05 10:52 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Coming to this site is the first step to feeling better.
The second step is a little harder but worth it. Try Heather's diet.
Take twenty minutes to look through all the sections of this site and print yourself a copy of the cheat sheet. It may seem overwhelming at first (Iwas totaly overwhelmed when I started this diet) but after a while it becomes second nature. Cooking, shopping and in general living with IBS will become esier as you start to feel better and stronger.
The third step is to visit the chat rooms as often as you can. Ask questions, vent yor feelings chat and soon you'll be answering questions too. Nothing you say or ask is too embbaressing, trust me... we've all been there.
I hope this helps. By the way... just to let you know... I was just like you back in September. It took about two weeks on this diet before I started to feel like I had my life back but I began to feel better after just three days of sticking to the diet.
Happy recovery!
Chany

#167596 - 04/06/05 11:14 AM
Leshabug

Reged: 04/05/05

Hi Melissa...I had a sigmoidoscopy done two years ago...and everything looked good, i just recently had an ultrasound and that was good and my blood tests came back normal...What is SFS? Thanks for your help!!

#167598 - 04/06/05 11:16 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Soluble fiber supplement- Like Citrucel, Metamucil.

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

WELCOME FELLOW IBS'ERS!!!! new
      #167605 - 04/06/05 11:32 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

Welcome to the two of you. What crazy bodies we all have, that's all i can say. as the other ladies have said....following the diet has helped soooo much for so many of us! I have IBS-A (self proclaimed becuase my doctors wont test me) but following heathers diet has got me more regular, my pain seems worse some times, but i think it's because i finally have a link to why i get the pains. i've only had a few days out of the 2 1/2 months that i've been following the diet that i've had d or c. so hats off to heather for doing this for all of us!!!! thats all i can recomend for you guys, becuase i'm just learning what is good and what is bad for me.

i know IBS-C is harder to figure out whats wrong too, because it's not right afterwards you get the symptoms. but look over this site, there is alot of information, and it can direct you to more information!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review