All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP ANYONE ELSE NOTICE A CHANGE IN THERE SKIN
      #165984 - 03/31/05 07:16 PM
Megtoriaus

Reged: 03/04/05

AFTER STARTING EATTING WITH THE IBS DIET FIND THERE SKIN WENT NUTS AND BREAKS OUT. I HAVE TRYED DIFFERENT SKIN PRODUCES. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPENING

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP ANYONE ELSE NOTICE A CHANGE IN THERE SKIN new
      #165991 - 03/31/05 07:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't think it could be the diet as all foods that are bad for skin are prohibited. Drinking enough water is crucial too. Maybe something else caused the breakout.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#166000 - 03/31/05 08:37 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

As soon as I started eating this diet my skin started breaking out more....... I attribute it to removing all of the fresh fruits/veggies and replacing them with starch! I don't know, but it happened to me too

#166077 - 04/01/05 08:29 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I actually saw my dermatologist recently because my face has been a mess!! He said that it is normal for women my age (26) to start getting acne. It's quite common actually. He gave my a presciption for Duac Gel which seems to be helping a lot!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Now that you mention it... my skin has beed dryer... but that could just be from the winter weather new
      #166134 - 04/01/05 10:45 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Mine's been drier, too. Could be weather or maybe I'm not getting enough fluid. -nt- new
      #166426 - 04/02/05 01:49 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

yes, my skin changed also with the IBS diet new
      #166429 - 04/02/05 02:33 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I had beautifully clear skin and when I started the IBS diet my skin went crazy also. And no, it is just not a coincidence and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

The IBS diet is really heavy on carbohydrates, which are just not good for your skin. Plus your skin needs some fat to function, and the IBS diet is very little fat. Also, some people (me especially) are senstive to iodine, and many of the IBS foods have high iodine content.

This has been discussed before, so you should do a search and read some of the other threads. I know some people said they started using Proactiv, but it stopped working for me. I use Benzaclin (Duac Gel, as mentioned in a previous post, is the generic version of Benzaclin). It works well for the large pimples coming up, but makes my skin really sensitive, so i can't use it all over.

No one ever seems to believe me on this iodine thing. But if you read the pamphlet that comes in the Proactiv package, it even warns you of it. Try not eating too much food with iodized salt, or natural iodine such as seafood. Also, tortilla chips seem to really break me out, I think they use iodized salt in most of them. That really seemed to help me. Try adding some healthy fats, like olive oil, also.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 899

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review