Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Need some support from those with IBS-D new
      #163761 - 03/24/05 12:09 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi Maria!
I just wanted to say that I am so with you, girl!

It looks like we started the diet about the same time, so we should really cheer each other on with figuring it all out, which I'm definitely still doing. It also seems like you've been much better at both staying on the diet (never ask "What could just one Girl Scout Cookie possibly do?" cause it can do a lot!), and also reaping the rewards of being more stable. I'm a little jelous! (just kidding )

But I know what you exactly how you feel after your "setback". I was so bummed and frustrated when I had a D attack after a few days of feeling great. But then I had to step back and remind myself that I'm doing SO MUCH BETTER that I was before I started the diet. And if I could deal with it for years before, I can deal with for a day or two now.

I'm having a really bad week right now. I had my truck stolen two weeks ago , but then it was found , but then I had to deal with a really frustrating insurance lady, so I was supper stressed and angry on Monday, and haven't been right since.

I think I'll go back on the "Breaking the Cycle", too. I was trying to avoid it (cause it's a bit boring...) But you've inspired me! It's what's best for my body, I know.

Thanks for your post. It really made me feel like I'm not alone.

Cheers,
Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#163885 - 03/24/05 10:14 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Thank you for your reply! You have inspired me as well with your positive attitude considering your truck was stolen (I'm so sorry to hear about that! I hope it was found in good condition!). I guess we're both back to "breaking the cycle" now. "Breakin' the cycle, I'm breakin' the cycle"--I feel like we should have a little song for that or something. Sort of like a punk anthem or something?

What I have noticed is that my body seemed to get better fast--it must be from being on the diet these past few months. The attack wasn't nearly as severe as they have been, and I only had to take one Immodium. So that is definitely good news and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks again. Let me know how "Breakin' the Cycle" works for you!

-Maria

#164008 - 03/25/05 10:01 AM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi Maria!
I really love the song idea! That would definitely make eating those plain baked potatoes more fun.

I'm really glad to hear you're doing better. It's so encouraging to see our bodies responding well when we give them what they need.

I'm doing better today, too, but not perfect yet. So a few more verses of "breaking the cycle" for me.

I see you're from Oregon. I was born in Bend and lived in Madras till I was a whole one year old! I've gone back there on vacation a few times, and really like the state. There's that great huge used book store in Portland, but I've forgotten the name of it....

Have a great weekend!
--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

#164017 - 03/25/05 10:40 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, I'm glad to hear you're doing better! GO US!

I'm originally from Eastern Oregon, a little more east than where you were born and in a small town no one knows the name of. But now I live in the Willamette Valley. Ah, yes, I think the bookstore you're referring to is Powell's. It is HUGE!

You have a great weekend too!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review