All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to Take
      #16068 - 08/02/03 02:58 PM
KAM

Reged: 08/02/03

my name is Kam i am new here, i have been suffering with IBS
for awhile now, i found out about it when i was 19 i am now 28 and been researching and going through the pains becaus ei do not have health insurance to go to a DR. can anyone tell me what i can take over the counter, i have the IBS with constipation it is painful and stressful, any advice would help alot.. KAM [color:black] [/color]

--------------------
KAM

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to Take new
      #16070 - 08/02/03 03:17 PM
ILSA

Reged: 05/10/03

I do not know what are you taking but you can use heat to help with your pain. Also, go to prevention.com and read the article about herbs for tummy problems (IBS included). You could find something that help you.

Re: What to Take new
      #16110 - 08/02/03 10:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - If you've been properly diagnosed, you can start using a soluble fiber supplement every day. That will really help - check here for details web page

Also, herbal teas are a good idea - brew very strong hot peppermint, fennel, chamomile, anise, or ginger tea. Safe to drink every day, and very helpful.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review