All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Preparing for Pregnancy
      #160580 - 03/14/05 07:01 PM
Beaner

Reged: 01/10/05
Loc: Medicine Hat, AB, Canada

I have had IBS for about 4 years now, and am starting to try to have a baby. After doing some reading on the website and Heather's books I have to ask, how do you balance the need for tummy comfort and a safe haven for baby? I mean I have tried soy milk and am not a fan, so what should I be doing differently?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a newbie???

Thanks!
Stacey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Preparing for Pregnancy new
      #160606 - 03/14/05 08:54 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi

I'm afraid I don't have any advice for you on this, but I can say welcome to the boards from a fellow Canadian!

Perhaps it might be best to talk to your doctor about this - explain the diet guidelines and how you eat etc. to her or him and talk about how this balances with nutrition for pregnanacy.

Sorry I can't be very helpful - someone else around here can probably give you a better reply on this one.

#160623 - 03/15/05 02:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Alot of people (esp. if you're IBS-D) find their symptoms ease during pregnancy. A SFS and lots of water will help with the pregnancy C and peppermint (and other herbal) tea is safe.

Soy isn't neccessary for a balanced diet as long as you're getting plenty of protein from other sources. But with soy milk, it's just a case of getting used to it...I hated it when I first tried it, but now love it and would never change back. Starting with the vanilla or choc flavours can help.

Talk to your doc, but this isn't a problem.

#160645 - 03/15/05 04:58 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You can put your worries to rest. Heather's diet is a well balanced diet that gives you food from all 4 food groups. As long as you are eating a healthy variety of foods under Heather's guidlines you should be just fine. Besides, prenatal vitamins will help your diet if there are any gaps. If you don't like soy milk, try rice or almond milk. Also, different varieties of soy milk are better than others. Try silk brand chocolate. It's really good. It takes some getting used to, but once you're used to it it's fine. I've been through two pregnancies with Heather's diet and both of my kids are perfectly normal!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#160766 - 03/15/05 12:16 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Stacey- I had a great pregnancy!! All my symtoms ceased the entire time- I ate yogurt for my dairy and also took calcium tablets!! My dr also had me take an extra folic acid supplement b/c I cannot tolerate the choice foods for that either. Good Luck

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 645

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review