All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Babyfood tips?
      #160556 - 03/14/05 05:17 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I've noticed from reading the fitness boards that a lot of you eat jarred babyfood now and then. Seems like a good way to get veggies and fruits in safely - but is it GOOD?

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for buying babyfood for grown-ups! To be honest the texture of some fo those (looking from the outside of the jar) look pretty icky to me, but I'm sure some are good. Favourite brands or mixtures?

Thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gerber new
      #160570 - 03/14/05 06:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

To be totally honest, I never eat anything babyfood that isn't fruit... the idea of eating babyfood veggies repulses me. But the fruit is REALLY good. Think of it as applesauce in many flavors.

I always buy Gerber because it has sugar in it. I tried the Beech-Nut, because it was sugarless, and it was horrible. Adult taste buds aren't used to that kind of thing! Stick with a brand that has some added sugar and you should be fine.

The only one I ever just eat straight out of the jar is the blueberry one. The rest I usually put on pancakes or french toast, or even toasted bagels. It's really good, and not as sugary as jam or honey.

Thanks Casey! new
      #160609 - 03/14/05 09:00 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Mmmmm applesauce in many flavours does sound mighty appealing (my "pear sauce" experiment turned out well by the way! ) I'm going to have to agree with you on the repusilveness of the gooey vegetables (or the pureed MEAT! Ugh!!)

I might just wander into the baby food aisle next time I'm shopping... thanks for the tips!

HIPP organic...if thats for sale in the US? - nt new
      #160619 - 03/14/05 11:00 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 381

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review