All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Introduction
      #15813 - 07/31/03 12:21 PM
DianneF

Reged: 07/31/03

Hi everyone! I've been a huge fan of Heathers books for over a year now.. reading Eating for IBS was an eye opening experience for me & now that I've found these boards I'm sure they'll help even more! Kudos to Heather for putting all of this together!!

I've had IBS since I was a kid - though when I was a teen I'd only have maybe 2 or 3 attacks a year and of course we never put our finger on the problem. Over the last few years though attacks increased 110%. I was constantly off work, constantly in pain, and constantly in the B/room!! For the last year or so, I've been trying to control my IBS c&d with diet - not an easy task! Last month I started on Dicetel after having my second child by c-section (attacks on a daily basis - couldn't take care of my new baby... it was absolutely AWFUL!). Though I still have attacks going from c to d, THE PAIN IS GONE!!! I have never been so thankful for anything in all my life. Even when I have an attack, it's nothing like it was before

Ok.. enough of my life story.. baby is screaming lol

Dianne

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Introduction new
      #15841 - 07/31/03 03:02 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Welcome to the boards, Dianne!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Introduction new
      #15854 - 07/31/03 05:03 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome to the board. I had my son by c-section so I know what you're going through. IBS was so bad I barely ate after he was born. Glad the Dicetel is working for you. Peppermint tea is also wonderful for pain and attacks. Speaking of attacks, now that you're feeling better, it might be a good time to reexamine your diet - and go over Heather's diet guidelines. Maybe you are missing a trigger that is still causing the attacks.
There is sleep in your future - soon your baby will start sleeping through the night. Hang in there until then.
Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Newsletter new
      #15855 - 07/31/03 05:31 PM
bevp

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: Brisbane Australia

Heather,

Got your newsletter today. I'm sorry to hear about the sponsorship problem. Unbelievable, isn't it!

I'm more than happy to subscribe, but when I click or double click on the subscribe links (all three), my computer grinds away, but nothing happens.

Could you let me know what I can do. I'm from Brissie in Australia. Thank you so very much for all your help.

Luv you

Bev

Re: Newsletter new
      #15863 - 07/31/03 08:51 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Bev - I'm going to email you and try to fix this for you.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6093 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 554

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review