All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
thanks for the great responses! r/o new
      #157799 - 03/07/05 09:07 AM
beanqueen

Reged: 03/04/05

yep...taking miralax right now..just ordered acacia last night..and am hoping to start it as soon as i get it this week.

on the SF...i know that bananas, white bread, white rice really constipate me. so until i finish this time of 'i can't eat anything syndrome'...i'll have to wait on those..i guess i'll just have to introduce them slowly with some IF with them? it's a bit scary being IBS-C..and thinking of eating all those things i KNOW constipate/bloat me, ya know? but i've found that although this diet seems somewhat counter intuitive...on eating just oatmeal for 2 days..i had 3 bowel movements yesterday..and WITHOUT pain and cramping!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! and my stomach seems much less bloated! can it be that this just might work for me? (don't wanna say that too loud in the event of a jinx..LOL )

okay...guess i'll just have to gut it through (no pun intended LOL ) and try the 'scary SF' and see how i do!

thank you soooooo much for your help! i so appreciate it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is Gas/Slight Bloat "Expected" and just an issue of managing it? r/o new
      #157920 - 03/07/05 03:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Partially yes in my opionion. At my absolute best last summer I was still ever so slightly bloated now and again and still had occassional gas. Then again Everyone Farts as the book tells us. Getting the GI tract working at its best is the best way to handle gas and bloat.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

thanks, little minne ;) new
      #157941 - 03/07/05 04:16 PM
beanqueen

Reged: 03/04/05

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 931 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review