All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Tummy Fiber
      #156596 - 03/03/05 02:50 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I just bought my first bag of Acacia Tummy Fiber. I've been using Citrucel for about 8 months now and decided that I wanted to try the Acacia. The dosage of Citrucel is about 15 grams of fiber (1 scoop) in 8 oz. of water. I figure that the total 15 gram replacement for Acacia is one tablespoon 3 times a day.

I just wanted to know if I'm taking it effectively. This morning I took a tablespoon and then again at dinner time. I do find however that when I am at work, I start to get gas sometime after lunch almost every day (sometime around 2:00). I don't know why, but anyways, would it be a good idea to use it at lunch time as well? My total usage would then be 3 times a day (15 grams) which is exactly one scoop of the Citrucel.

Carol

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Tummy Fiber new
      #156606 - 03/03/05 03:16 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Carol,

Your conversion looks right - 15g of Acacia is 1 tbsp 3x/day. Is the gas after lunch new since you started the Acacia? Sometimes trying a new SFS can cause gas and bloating...

Either way though I'd try to gradually get back up to 15g if that what you were on before and it was working for you.

I take Acacia and I find it's best to take it throughout the day, not in one large dose, that way your stomach always has some sf in it. I take 1tbsp in the morning, sip 1tbsp in water throughout the day, and then 1 tbsp before bed.

I take mine twice... new
      #156611 - 03/03/05 03:32 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but there is nothing bad aout taking it spread out more.. I have actually done this on purpose when I knew I'd be eating questionable foods earlier int eh day.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#156668 - 03/03/05 05:17 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

Thanks for the advice....I did seem to get extra gas today, probably because I did try this new SFS and I only used 5 grams as opposed to 15 grams of the Citrucel. I think what I'll do is go with 2 tablespoons a day for a few days and then go to 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.

#156752 - 03/04/05 01:15 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Some people stick a dose into a bottle of water and sip that during the day. Seems a good way of getting the middle of the day dose in.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review