All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am new and could really use some advise Please
      #155885 - 03/02/05 12:29 PM
thumper41

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Hello, I am hoping someone might be able to give me some support or advice. I am new to this sight but not new to IBS. I have suffered from chronic, severe IBS for over 4 years. The dr's have washed their hands of me and at this time I am house bound due to my symptoms. I have up to 14 diarrhea movements a day. nothing to slow it down, I am feeling the strain from it all. I work at a natural health store and think I have tried everything I can think of but maybe I have over looked something. I know that fibre makes my symptoms so much worse. At this point I am willing to try anything. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me ?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am new and could really use some advise Please new
      #155890 - 03/02/05 12:50 PM
KellyAnn21

Reged: 11/12/04
Loc: PA

Hey. I am sorry to hear that you've been feeling so awful. I understand, trust me. Since you are new, I wonder if you have purchased Heather's book? Her lists of what to and not to eat are extremely helpful. I hope this might help a little and more people respond with advice to you!!

Re: I am new and could really use some advise Please new
      #155925 - 03/02/05 01:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

You have come to the right place. Read all the info here and look at old posts and then really stick to the diet strictly. There are many success stories here from eating for IBS.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Plus... new
      #156152 - 03/03/05 01:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...get a soluble fibre supplement (SFS)! very, very helpful. I love Acacia myself.

Have you tried taking Immodium? You can take it as a preventative everyday...if you don't see a doc anymore, try taking one tablet every morning. If you have no change after a couple of weeks, try taking two every morning, etc. If you need more than two, I'd spread the dose around the day, eg. 2 before breakfast, 1 at lunch, 1 in the evening...or something!

Good luck. This diet really does work...I was averaging 15 D episodes a day but stabilised on this diet after 6 months. Now I rarely get any D at all.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 744 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 432

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review