All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Florida vacation coming up!
      #15542 - 07/30/03 08:46 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi everyone. We are going to Florida this weekend for 3 weeks - boy, have I been looking forward to this! We have been a few times before but not since I've been diagnosed with ibs. My thing is, can anyone especially locals to Florida recommend restaurants, food brands etc. We like the Golden Corral which I figure should be safeish as there's so much choice, and I'm planning to take food to the parks - I know you're not meant to take your own food in and they are apparantly trying to enforce it pretty strictly, but I emailed the Head of Dining for the parks about catering and he replied that they permit you to take in your own food if you have allergies, so I guess I'll just tell anyone who asks I have an allergy to their high-fat food LOL!
Any suggestions gratefully received - and I'm going to miss chatting with you lot for 3 whole weeks, I'll never catch up afterwards

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Florida vacation coming up! new
      #15544 - 07/30/03 08:55 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I'm going to Florida next week too! Although I'll only be in Miami for two days before I leave on my cruise to the Caribbean and then only for a day when I get back.

I, too, am curious about restaurant recommendations in the Miami area. The cruise will hopefully be no worry since there will be tons of buffet and different food selections! And if I get sick, there are bathrooms everywhere!

Hope you have fun in Florida, Sarah!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#15546 - 07/30/03 08:57 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Wow, hope you have a great time on your trip. Haven't been to Disneyworld since eighth grade. I've been to Ft. Myers three times for spring training when I played softball in college. Hope you have nice weather!

Can't offer any suggestions since I'm not local, but it sounds like you're doing a lot of good prep work. Call ahead before eating if possible, and try to eat just a little bit before you go out in case you can't order anything. Bring along your fiber pills and a big-arse purse to stow away some safe non-perishables.

Hope you have a great time!

--------------------
~jules

#15547 - 07/30/03 08:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Where in Florida will you be? Orlando, Miami...

If you can eat sushi and seafood they have tons of great places for those foods in Florida...

Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!!!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15550 - 07/30/03 09:09 AM
britsarah

We're going to Orlando, to see some friends we know there and to do the theme parks. At least we're staying in an apartment so we can have food there as well. I can have my cereal with rice milk in the morning as usual to set me up for the day!

--------------------
Sarah

#15551 - 07/30/03 09:30 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Sarah - I don't really have anything else to add. Everyone else already summed it up - take snacks, fiber supp, etc. And I don't know any restaurants. Sorry.

BUT - I did want to say have a great time! And if you go to Disney, tell Tigger I said hi!

#15655 - 07/30/03 01:36 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Sarah!

I am most definately not from Florida! So I can't offer you any advice on eating establishments!

I just wanted to say hope you have a wonderful trip! Enjoy it. It sounds like you are pretty prepared already so don't worry - just enjoy your vacation!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#15750 - 07/31/03 07:47 AM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

hi

let me recommend BOMA to you. it's inside the disney animal kingdom lodge. they have transportation from the parks to there if you don't have your own car. it's an anfrican buffet style that i swear is the best food EVER!!! i still dream of the food! the cost is about 25 per person (i'd pay double if they wanted) and they do have plently of herbal teas as well. you need to make reservations, but can do that at any park in customer service. if you go, walk around the lodge, it's beautiful and plently of animals walking around on the savannah. i never wanted to leave.

orlando also has plenty of hibachi grills as well which you can find safe foods.

i went to disney over spring break and dying to go back. it's way more fun when you are an adult!

amy

#15757 - 07/31/03 08:32 AM
britsarah

Amy, thanks for the ideas. My husband says he's heard of Boma - he's a Disney nut - but we've never been, when we've been to Animal Kingdom previously we HAD to go to McDonalds - like that's such a rare restaurant !
BTW he also agrees with your comment about being enjoying it more as an adult - he's just like that advert when the dad is lying fully dressed on his bed waiting for it to be time to get up and go to the parks!!

--------------------
Sarah

#15772 - 07/31/03 09:23 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi sarah,
Have a great trip,am not from florida,but a fellow UK resident...scotland.I only registered today,am a bit new to it all,so i apologize if i make any mistakes!
Enjoy your hols

--------------------
Morven

#15790 - 07/31/03 10:44 AM
britsarah

Thanks for the good wishes. It's great to be in touch with people all over the world but it's nice to see some fellow Brits online. Keep in touch!

--------------------
Sarah

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review