All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Yeah... new
      #155274 - 03/01/05 09:46 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Heh... I wish it were as simple as just eating more of them... I'm trying to watch my weight, I can't afford to keep noshing down on 180-calorie bars.

Now I can't find where I mentioned the fiber increase, so I'll just mention it here - the reason I was "concerned" is because what they've added to the new Lunas for more fiber is inulin. Inulin is one of the SFS's that Heather mentions as being hard to digest and particularly gassy. Fortunately, I'm fine with it, but that might not be the case for everyone. Although, I'm betting there isn't that much inulin in them... eh, I don't know. Just something to keep in mind if you're sensitive to it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Lower Sugar Luna Bars??? new
      #155372 - 03/01/05 12:22 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I have been also buying the Cliff bars and they have a lot of vitamins and dietary fiber - nice change -

#155444 - 03/01/05 02:15 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Amie got a reply back from LUNA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: visual and taste test on the Toasted Nuts N' Cranberry old vs new new
      #156636 - 03/03/05 04:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have decided that the new cranberry is significantly less yummy! It just isn't sweet enough. I need to have my luna bars be treats to keep me away from the bad treats out there. So I am disgruntled. When my boxes are gone I will try a yummier flavor and see how that goes (they upped the fat grams anyway). Has anyone tried another kind? I guess the peppermint is okay. I'll taste test that one tomorrow.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#156722 - 03/03/05 07:39 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Grrrrr! I wrote to them too, and I said I didn't need one of their generic responses but wanted to let them know how disappointed I am.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I got a different Luna Reply new
      #157031 - 03/04/05 11:46 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,
I got this eMail from the Luna bar people:
Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here at Clif Bar Inc. I'm sorry that you and your friends are disappointed with the new Luna. We listen very closely to our consumer comments, and have been taking down everyone's feedback about the changes we have made. All we ask is that you check back with us in the future to see if we have any new products that will fill your vitamin/nutritional needs, but understand if you are not interested in our products anymore.
If you have any other questions or comments, please contact me at jhantman@clifbar.com or call 800-884-5254 ext. 105.

So I guess it wasn't the generic reply that I said I didn't want.
I wish they hadn't changed it!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review