All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need Opinions and Fibro Gals read this...
      #152793 - 02/22/05 09:20 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was answering someoone else's post about mayo and I use a product manufactured by Follow Your Heart and there is a website on the bottle. It is www.followyourheart.com and I went on out of curiosity and was browsing around and came across another product they manufacture called Revitalizing Sleep Formula. Anyone ever heard of this?

If you visit the LR you know I have been having sleep issues due to my Fibro and was wondering if this stuff really works and if it is IBS safe.

Website says :Key ingredients include: Valerian (200 mg), clinically studied to support better sleep at night. Passionflower (90 mg), which has been studied for its ability to calm simple tension that may lead to occasional sleeplessness. L-Theanine (50 mg), which promotes muscle relaxation and sleep. Hops (30 mg), wild lettuce (18 mg), and Jamaica Dogwood (12 mg), which promote relaxation. Ingredients: Other ingredients: gelatin, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide color, and silicon dioxide. Notes: Contains no sugar, salt, yeast, wheat , gluten, corn, soy, dairy products, artificial flavoring, or preservatives. All colors used are from natural sources.

I am taking Valerian now and that does help me get to sleep but this product says it also contains L-Theanine which promotes muscle relaxation and sleep. That could be beneficial for the Fibro, although Fibro is not a muscle disorder it sometimes feels like your muscles hurt or have been pulled.

I don't know?? What do you ladies make of this? Do any of the ingredients seem unsafe for IBS? Has anyone ever used it or heard of it? I will have to ask my doc about this too.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

The man behind the pill new
      #152808 - 02/22/05 09:49 AM
Tissy

After further research I fond that this Doctor named Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. developed the stuff nad he is supposed to be an expert on Fibro/CFS among other things and he has a website called www.endfatigue.com

Now I should know by now that these things don't usually pan out but it is the same w/ my IBS if I think it might help I am tempted to try. And supposedly he has been published in all sorts of magazines,etc.

Just thought I would put this info up as well to see what anyone thinks. Linz, if you read this, have you ever heard of this guy or does Mark Pelligrino market products as well. I remember you saying that Pellegrino had good books on fibro. This guy has written a book too and I am going to look at local library to see if I can browse a copy.

Thanks Again,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: Need Opinions and Fibro Gals read this... new
      #152934 - 02/22/05 02:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've never tried anything like this, so I'm probably not the best person to offer input, but I didn't see any ingredients that were a huge glaring warning for someone with IBS, and if you're already using Valerian with success, then it might be worth a try, to see if the other ingredients help you at all.

Re: The man behind the pill new
      #152991 - 02/22/05 06:47 PM
IBSx2

Reged: 02/22/05

Hi, I am new here but not to fibro or CFS. I have talked to alot of people of the years that are very leary of his protocol. I have not tried it but I have tried a ton of stuff that was just more money that I did not have. I have recently started a new med that is prescription. I need to read some of the rules here as I am so frustrated for my sons IBS I just kind of jumped right in. Dont know what I can mention and not. Let me do some reading and I will get back to you.

D

Thanks and welcome!-nt- new
      #153080 - 02/23/05 07:04 AM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

It sounds fine... new
      #153163 - 02/23/05 10:12 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but if it's silly expensive then don't do it! All those herbs are good for helping with sleep, but I hadn't heard of the L-Theanine before...if it is a muscle relaxant it should help with RLS I guess. But I would def. mention this to your doc.

I was going to try that... new
      #153170 - 02/23/05 10:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

But I will get off my meds 1st. Call the HFS Tissy and see what they have to say about the product. I would also compare prices before you buy.

I have have heard of this guy. In fact...I think my pain specilist mentioned him in a good light.

If you do try it let me know how it goes. When I go off the meds I will likely switch rigth away to herbs.

How are you doing on lightening the ugar load?

I am glad the valerian is helping so much...that's wonderful! I wouldn't hesitate to try the herbs you mentioned. If it makes you feel any better...speak to a pharmacist to be sure it won't interact with any meds you are takin. If the pharacist is unsure...ask the HFS for the # of someone you can call...or call the company that makes the herbal mixture. It should be a 1-800 #

I'm glad you found this! And thanks for posting about this...it is very helpful *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1803 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review