All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For Heather-research website
      #15025 - 07/26/03 02:33 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

HI Heather- forgot to mention this in my other posting. I found the research on HRT and IBS on www.medscape.com
There are 200 articles on research for IBS in the 'medline' section alone! YOu will need to register with a password to get in to view the articles. It was recommended to me by a close friend who works in the medical field as being highly reputable. Hope you find it helpful. Linda

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Heather-research website new
      #15027 - 07/26/03 02:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - yes, this is a great place for research! And registration is free, which is nice. I also like pubmed.com - just type in irritable bowel and the results are overwhelming. Not all of the abstracts are online, but a lot of them are, and they're great.

It's just terrific to see any research in the field at all, actually, considering how little there was for so many years (and it was all psychological studies, as IBS wasn't considered to be a "real" problem in the gut!)

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 955 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 340

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review