All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what am I doing wrong
      #14954 - 07/25/03 04:50 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

I am sticking to the diet 95% of the time and can't lose weight. So many of you are losing weight without even trying that I am envious. I know some don't want to lose weight but, aren't we supposed to be able to on the diet. I try to watch my portions except sometimes Ia get extra hungry or have an upset and want to get stsble as soon as possible and eat more. HELP.PLEASE!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what am I doing wrong new
      #14956 - 07/25/03 05:12 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Louise! I'm not sure why. What kind of exercise do you get? What's a typical diet for you for a day? Maybe that will be a good starting point.

#14982 - 07/25/03 07:23 PM
louise

Hi MAG; FOR me A typical diet is breakfast porridge, of course, half a bagel with a touch of butter. O.j. for my blood pressure pills, and a piece of fruit. Lunchis, a tuna fish sandwich on french bread supper is linquini with f.b. I evercise 3-4 x.week. this is treadmill for half an hour, crossTRAINER for 15 min. and then some easy strength training. Is this any help?

#15040 - 07/26/03 07:49 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi Louise,

Good on you for trying so hard and sticking to a plan. That's the hard part over and done with. I'm not a dietitian or expert by any stretch of the imagination and can only comment on what I know has worked for me and others I know.

I noticed you didn't mention any snacks, just the 3 main meals. Would it be possible to cut the portion size of the main meals and have a small, healthy, IBS safe snack mid-morning and afternoon. Most research I have read tends to state that this works better for your metabolism and also IBS.

As for the exercise it sounds like you put in a good amount of time each session but I would try to increase the sessions gradually until you are doing it every day. I really think that there is just so much you can do with diet and then after that exercise is the crucial key.

Also, do you drink plenty of water?

I don't know if this helps or not but I hope so.

The only other thought i had was that maybe you could email Sharon - she's a great Weight Watchers Guru. Other than that maybe try to find a dietitian or GP who also knows the go with IBS.

Let us know how you get on,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#15050 - 07/27/03 06:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there!!!

You're so good! It sounds like you're doing all the right things!

I don't know the sizes of your portions. Do you know how many calories you get in a day? How much orange juice do you drink? Can you dillute it with water--or is there something else you can drink to take your pills? Juice always has extra calories that sneak up on us!

Please write us back so we can figure something out...I know between all of us here at IBS central we'll come up with something!

*big hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#15087 - 07/27/03 03:50 PM
louise

hi; I don't count calories, but a half bowl of porridge,normally,(shouldn't be many calories, there), half a bagel witha smidg.of butter, sometimes half a glass of o.j. I suppose I could dilute it, never thought of doing before. There is onething I am hoping will work in my favor. I do seem to have a b.m. if I eat too much, so if I eat enough to be satisfied but not full, then that should hopefully, help to cut back on calories. Wlouldn't you think so Ruchie. Thanks for the help.

#15088 - 07/27/03 03:54 PM
louise

hi Kinoz; I do hald a piece of bread in the afternoon if I feel the need,although, since I get full faster now, I don't need it as much anymore. I think maybe I shoulf find some lighter snacks, though. I workout 3-4 x week, that is about all I can do. Your body needs some rest between times. Thanks for the input.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review