All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Chocolate sorbet??!! new
      #150421 - 02/15/05 01:24 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm completely with you, chocolate was my biggest obstacle to overcome! Well, fatty/milk chocolate, that is. But like everyone's been saying, there are some AWESOME recipes and storebought snacks that are totally safe and can really satisfy your cravings.

Personally, I would recommend No Pudge Brownies. They're totally fat free (except for the fat in the soy yogurt you add) and they completely fulfill any craving I have. They're soooo fudgy and yummy.

I also love Chewy Chocolate Cookies. They're also super chocolatey.

I hope you find something you like!

By the way... I've never heard of chocolate sorbet!! Maria, it's made by Hagen Daas?? *drool*

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#150425 - 02/15/05 01:37 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Mmmm...brownies. I haven't had any in a long time.

You have to try the sorbet if you're a chocolate addict like me! It's soooo satisfying!

#150426 - 02/15/05 01:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I know Haagen Dazs makes one but I have never seen it. I bought Sharon's choc sorbet. It has some coconut milk in it to replace the cream so it has 5 grams of fat per serving. Yet it is so rich I eat a little less than a serving. Yum!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Hagen Daas chocolate sorbet new
      #150476 - 02/15/05 04:03 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

They make it on a stick, like a fugdesicle. It is not made with chocolate, but cocoa which is safe. There are no dairy products listed in the ingredients. It contains:water, sugar, corn syrup, egg whites, lowfat cocoa and cocoa processed with alkali, fruit pectin, natural vanilla, salt.

There is a warning that says "product may contain trace amounts of milk protein."

Contains 0.5 grams fat. Don't know if this is safe but they taste wonderful. I think I may have a problem with them, so I'm taking a break from them. But I think I have a problem with everything!

Just in case anyone is interested.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Hagen Daas chocolate sorbet new
      #150503 - 02/15/05 04:28 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I buy it by the pint (same ingredients). I didn't know they also had it fudgesicle-style! Yum!

Ben & Jerry's had a chocolate-fudge sorbet, but I don't think they make it anymore.

#150521 - 02/15/05 05:13 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

OMG, that sorbet sounds sinful both ways. I'll definitely keep my eyes WIDE open for that!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I think I should have my store order it!- nt new
      #150533 - 02/15/05 05:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#150547 - 02/15/05 06:08 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It is so yummy!!! And only 0.5 grams of fat. I thought I wrote 5 grams but it's only 0.5!! And no triggers!

Better than Ice cream I think.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

We should have a chocoholics club to support each other. new
      #150567 - 02/15/05 07:10 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Chocolate is the one thing that makes me churn, gurgle and feel majorly ill and I'm totally addicted. I've tried the one piece only thing and I just can't stop. We should have a choco's anon club and help each other get off this awfully addictive stuff! I need to stop yesterday!

--------------------
Amy

You guys are making me drool!!! new
      #150591 - 02/15/05 08:15 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I'm going to have to try the Haagen Dasz choco sorbet...yum!! Haagen Dasz used to my absolute FAVORITE dessert, esp. dulce de leche!! btw, Amy, I love the little cat in the hammock icon!!

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 995 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6401

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review