All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I could really use some suggestions
      #14816 - 07/24/03 01:18 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I woke up last night at 2 am nauseous and hungry. I know that if I eat too close to bed I will be hungry in the night but usually I can go back to sleep. I was up until 4:30 am this morning. I am so tired now. I have no idea why I was hungry. The night before was the same thing except I went back to sleep. Anyways last night I actually got up and ate some of those antidepressant brownies because I knew where they were and didn't have to turn a light. I was so tempted to wash the kitchen floor but we live in a ranch style home and I figured I would wake up everyone in the house. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting through the night without waking up hungry? Does this mean I am not eating enough during the day? I guess that could be a possibility. I am just starting to eat again since my wisdom teeth were pulled last week. I just need to sleep tonight. I am so impressed I haven't lost my temper with my girls. Of course the day isn't over yet . Just kidding

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I could really use some suggestions new
      #14838 - 07/24/03 04:46 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You're not pregnant are ya? Just kiddin. I've never been pregnant, so I would have no idea. I don't know why, but that's the first thing I thought of when I read your post.

Seriously, maybe you're body is readusting since you haven't really been eating?

I am impressed you found those brownies in the dark!

#14842 - 07/24/03 05:57 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Well, you know how it is when those brownies call you. No they were just on the counter and the counter was actually cleared off, what can I say. The only problem I had was trying to get the foil off the pan without my hubby hearing it. They were good though.

#14844 - 07/24/03 07:15 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I have to say this is one problem I don't have. Were you always this way or is it just since your surgery? If it is just since the surgery then I agree with Mags, maybe your body is just readjusting.

If it continues then maybe try to eat more often throughout the day. I wouldn't suggest a bigger meal at night as this could cause problems but maybe a light supper closer to bedtime would help?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#14859 - 07/24/03 08:26 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I find sometimes if I eat more than I usually eat at dinner, I wake up starving in the morning. Not sure whether this is because my stomach got stretched out and is looking for more food? That sounds sort of silly but it's the only explination I can think of!

Maybe try eating small snacks instead of one big meal. And just get to the point where you're comfortably full, but over full.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#15020 - 07/26/03 01:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

T - it's really great to hear from you. I'm assuming that since you got your wisdom teeth out you're not pregnant yet. I suspect that you're eating less than you think during the day - I know I was like that after my wisdom teeth came out. Try snacking frequently, and lots of fluids during the day. Often times when we feel hunger we are actually dehydrated!
Let me know how you are. Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4419 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 619

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review