Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Hmm...wonder if we could have a "support group" board? new
      #146484 - 02/03/05 05:38 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

An exercise board, sugar detox board, lose weight board, chug a lug your water board?

Ruchie

Funny you should say that..... web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I should really do the water thing..... new
      #146489 - 02/03/05 05:50 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

after only 2 glasses of water yesterday I'm not doing real well on this front. As for the exercise I run round after the kids all day and barely have time to shower (I'm usually jumping out of the shower to stop them doing someting naughty-lol). But I wanted to say I admire you for taking all this on! Congratulations and best wishes and if you need support I'm here for you (as are we all).

--------------------
Amy

Re: I need an exercise buddy...and a sugar detox buddy... new
      #146490 - 02/03/05 05:50 PM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

I'll sign up to be your buddy. I need to get away from all sugar, coffee and alcohol. I feel I have so many vices since I joined this board.

I'm already pretty good about exercise. I do free weights or the Orbitrek or Firm tapes every day. But I'm happy to push, opps I mean encourage, you to exercise every day. It DOES make you feel so much better. I'm planning to join my local gym next week to start pilates. I find although my muscles are toned and fit, they are not very flexible anymore. Hopefully Pilates or yoga will help.

Cindy

You guys are GREAT! new
      #147095 - 02/05/05 10:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks for all the replies!

Yesterday I biked for 16 mins...so I'm stepping it up a bit each day. Today I took a break. No sugar today! No meat, no dairy, SFS, water, all get a CHECK! How'd everyone do with their goals today? Cindy...right on! We CAN do this! *hugs*

Thanks again everyone! Hope to hear how you're doing!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Amy- new
      #147114 - 02/06/05 01:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

a) get a water bottle you can carry around with you and sip constantly...

b) chasing the kids is exercise as long as you are physically running around... get a pedometer and see how many steps or how many miles you go in a day.. my old job had me walking around the building all the time... and I was walking a few times a week with a friend and I got the pedometer for our walks, ut I wore it to work one day and discovered even though it ws broken up in short bursts I was walking FURTHER during the day then I was on our planned walks!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Amy- new
      #147310 - 02/06/05 06:37 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I usually drink more than that. It was a bad day and I drink more when it's cold because I have all my herbal teas and stuff.
I agree about the walking. I should get a pedometer! Some days I go to bed and my legs are so sore and I think about how many times I chased Jacinta around the lounge/hallway/kitchen area trying to get her into bed that I think that alone must add up to about 300 steps! (I do this for about an hour at lunch and again for 3 hours every night!). I guess you don't really think of it as exercise when it's being a parent or working huh?

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1513

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review