All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Augie/Beth???
      #145991 - 02/02/05 04:57 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

What's up girl? I wrote back to your emails ages ago. Is everything alright? Please let me know!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tina new
      #146075 - 02/02/05 07:36 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Work as been awful this week. One of the woman is out all week last week and this week, so I have had to do part of her job plus mine, so no computer time.

Plus, if you've read my posts on the Eating Board, you know I've not been doing well with my IBS or the emotional state that it causes (major hopelessness and anxiety). So I just haven't been up to answering emails.

I'm not good at emailing back right away. I usually can only do it on weekends or sometimes at night. But I am just so wiped out right now.

Sorry, I will get back to you. I miss seeing you on the boards too, as I haven't been able to get on them during the day either. I do so much work, for so little pay. I like my job and the coworkers, put the pay is poverty level and I need to find something I can live on.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh Beth new
      #146122 - 02/03/05 04:01 AM
Sara-Sage

That's too bad that work's been awful. You sound so down. PLEASE try and cheer up just a little bit. I'm worried about you! You do sound tired.

Don't worry at att about emailing me! I was just concerned when i didn't hear back from you, that's all.

Try and rest up on the weekend and we need to find a new job for the two of us! Do you need any help with your resume or anything? Is there anything I can do to help?

Big hugs Beth. Try not to get so down as it makes me sad.

Thanks Tina girl new
      #146500 - 02/03/05 06:10 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I appreciate your concern. Yes, I'm tired with the job, but more emotional tired from trying to figure out what is causing all my pain, constipation, and gas, mega gas!

I just went to GI doc today and after 3 or 4 years of telling me I have IBS all of a sudden he tells me he doesn't think I have IBS. He doesn't seem to have a clue what's wrong with me or how to help. I don't know what to do next. He was tired and cranky at the end of his day, so he may have just been tired of me and frustrated. Why would he all of a sudden change his mind?

And he offered not suggestions on what I should do for help or has not ordered any further tests. I think I need to write a post about this, but I guess I just did!

I wish I had more time to be with you guys and do emails. You guys are my lifeline!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Thanks Tina girl new
      #146580 - 02/04/05 01:14 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Well, you've answered the question I've been wondering since I sent mine. I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. I wonder why you're doc would suddenly change his mind? Maybe it's not IBS but he should be doing something to find out what it is if he thinks it's not IBS! I'd go back to him if you can and say "hey, you said it's not IBS so what sorts of tests do I need to find out what IS wrong with me?" and it sounds terrible but sometimes you need to have a break down in front of them. I was always trying to be strong when I was at the doctors and pretend life wasn't quite as bad as it is so I think he wasn't too worried. Last time I went to see him I was crying and telling him the truth, that I can hardly get out of bed, I'm a bad mum cause I'm too scared to leave the house with the kids when I'm sick (which is all the time) and that a lot of the time I wanted to jump off a tall building just so I didn't have to live with my tummy any more! He really took me seriously after that. Maybe you've already done all this but it is important to let them know it's destroying your life.

--------------------
Amy

beth new
      #146597 - 02/04/05 04:05 AM
Sara-Sage

Beth, I have four words for you! GET A NEW DOCTOR!!!!!

He sucks. Next... Find one that knows what to look for and rule out. They shouldn't veer make you feel like you're bothering them. Mine doesn't and always tells me not to worry about taking too long.

He always makes me leave knowing that I've asked and has answered any questions. I always leave happy and feeling resolved that I am getting better. You need a doctor that makes you feel like that Beth.

Come to Canada. I'll sneak you in to see mine.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 517

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review