All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS C question
      #144848 - 01/31/05 10:16 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Ive read on here a few times that being C for so many days causes D sometimes. Does anyone know why or what is actually happening when this happens? Lately I have been not having a BM for around 4 days and then on the last day I go several times and with each trip to the bathroom it gets more and more like D until it actually is. Does anyone get this? I would love to know whats actually going on so I can stop it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I get that all the time! new
      #144859 - 01/31/05 10:25 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Warning: This may be a gross post - if there is such a thing on these boards!

I have theories, but not sure if they're correct. One of them has to do with being C for a couple days and your BM hardening. I know sometimes after being C for a couple days and having a BM later that week, it will hurt pushing the first one out. Once the first BM is done, then I'll have several more than day similar, but not quite D.

Sometimes it feels like the first BM was blocking the rest, and now that it's gone, the rest are free to do the same.

Hope that helps a little! Sorry for the graphic detail.

--------------------
- Jennifer

I'll go with Jennifer's answer... new
      #144867 - 01/31/05 10:36 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

and add a little bit of mine. I think that once it gets backed up, the stuff behind it gets "unhappy" if you know what I mean... not infected, but since it's been sitting there, it's had time to... "fester" in a way. Your colon gets irritated with all the backed up stuff and once you get rid of the hard lumpy stool, all the yucky irritated stuff comes out.

That's my theory anyway!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: I'll go with Jennifer's answer... new
      #144869 - 01/31/05 10:41 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thats sorda how I think it happens too - But on top of that I think that since its all stopped up for a couple of days and then one day it decides to all come out - I was thinking maybe the colon spasms so much to get everything out that the food you eat that day is rushed through the process and it causes D. But again thats totally theory and a very unproffesional one at that!

Re: I'll go with Jennifer's answer... new
      #144870 - 01/31/05 10:42 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I agree with both Jennifer and Rachael.

I get like that sometimes but once the first bm is out of the way, I may have several (4-5) in that same day! They are very soft and losse but not D.

I feel very empty after this happens. It is the only good experience I know of from having C.

Good luck.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Re: IBS C question new
      #144879 - 01/31/05 11:05 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

Yes. That's happened to me before. I described it to a GI doctor as an "intestinal dump," like my system was freaking out. Only, when it happens to me, I usually get horrendous cramping for several hours before I'm able to go to the bathroom at all. It's so painful. It's the IBS-- the intestines not working correctly.

Oooh thanks for adding, Rachel! new
      #144890 - 01/31/05 11:31 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Definitely agree with that one. Plus maybe since your colon is already spasming, it just wants to keep going until you're empty?

I think it's funny that I think of my body parts as having their own little personalities. Just wish my colon would get along with the rest of me! Bad colon.. time out for you! LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1739 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 625

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review