All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SFS
      #144723 - 01/31/05 07:09 AM
NikkiZ52

Reged: 05/16/04

Sorry for all of the questions today...
I tried Acacia, and it did not work for me (still D). I then tried Benefiber, and had no results there either (still D). I then tried Metamucil. With the metamucil I am having semi formed BMs, but am in the bathroom every couple of hours...do you think it is my body just trying to get used to the SFS, or should I try another one?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SFS new
      #144770 - 01/31/05 08:33 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Nikki,

Never worry about posting too many questions - that's why we're here!

How long have you tried each SFS and what quantity? I also have problems with the SFS that you mentioned, but tried each one for at least 3 weeks and started at the lowest dose, gradually increasing.

I'm currently trying one that Heather recommended to me called FiberClear and am having good results so far. I've only been taking 1 tsp in the morning with my cream of rice, but plan to start taking another tsp with my tea before bed. I've been trying this one for 2 weeks so far and hope it will work as I'm running out of options.

Oh! Are you drinking enough water with your SFS? They won't work without drinking a ton of water, which might explain why you are getting semi-formed BMs.

Hope this information helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Again, I agree with Jennifer... new
      #144779 - 01/31/05 08:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but you do have to remember that SFS isn't the definitive cure for D. With me it helps ALOT but can't get rid of my D without diet, meds etc.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1860 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review