All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Question about clothing...
      #143953 - 01/28/05 07:38 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

For the past two years, I have not been comfortable in anything tight around my waist. I use to wear tight jeans or skirts, or pajamias, Now, I absolutely have to have stretchy or dresses that don't have a waist. I wear alot of what we call jumpers, or full body dresses, I also can't stand to have underwear on. I hate it when I have to go to the Dr. and wear them because it hurts my stomach or makes me uncomfortable. People think I am amish due to my style of dressing, but it's all for comfort. Does anyone else have this problem?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh yes honey....... new
      #143956 - 01/28/05 07:49 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Omgosh, do I have a problem with clothing?????

I also try my best to keep from wearing anything tight. When I go shopping, I find myself trying to stretch the fabric on the clothes. I feel so much better in stretchy stuff!

Underwear?? Hate 'em. But, I do wear them, I just buy the granny panties a size or two larger. Bras, I wish I could go without, but, it doesn't look too nice for me to wear a tshirt without a bra.

I hate tight clothes, used to love them. But, they hurt me, and I try to do anything I can to get away from pain and being uncomfortable. You are not alone.

Check out these posts new
      #143964 - 01/28/05 08:01 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

on clothing. It has been talked about a lot as it is a problem with many of us.

bloat and pants

underwear advice

You are not alone. It is very frustrating and sad not to be able to wear normal girlie cute clothes anymore . Just baggy pants and long sweaters to hide the tummy.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

oh yeah... new
      #143981 - 01/29/05 01:07 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I love the princess waisted dresses from chadwicks.. and wear them all the time...

they have both a short and long sleeved versiona dn their petite larges fit me well with a clip on the back to snug in the waist when I'm not bloated, but plenty of room to expand as needed.. I get a lot of compliments on them... wear them even just to go grocery shop...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

The part that frustrates me.... new
      #143988 - 01/29/05 06:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

... is that even thought I have NO bloating, I STILL can't wear stuff with a waist that falls *at* my waist anymore. I have a pretty big collection of vintage 1950s dresses, with tight waists and big poofy skirts. The pressure on my middle is so uncomfortable that I can't wear them at all.

All my pants have to be either low-rise or a couple sizes too big in the waist. Thankfully, I don't mind low-rise, except that I'm always having to pull them up... because belts are too much pressure, too.

Ah, the many little "joys" of IBS.

Yep new
      #143999 - 01/29/05 07:14 AM

Unregistered

My problem with clothing just comes mostly from anxiety of being out in something that will make me uncomfortable if I'm not feeling good. Nausea is one of my biggest symptoms and you should see me trying to decide what to wear to go to a movie..the theatres are normally cold but I don't want to be stuck in there feeling bad and being hot (which I just can't stand because it makes me feel sick or just way worse)...so I have to plan accordingly. I generally always wear a thin tank top under my shirts, esp if they are long sleeved or thick so if I'm really hot I can take it off (never really happened, but something about the relief in knowing it's a possibility.

Then now that it's been kinda cold here on and off I've realized I have REALLY bad anxiety about wearing turtlenecks! If I was just going to walk around outside in the freezing cold I guess I could wear one, but to be inside somewhere where it's always warmer than the outside (I hate when places do that to compensate for the cold outside..but then everyone's hot because they've dressed to go outside.) and the pressure on my neck gets to be too much for me.

Well you are not alone, clothing is a big part of being comfortable with IBS.

Re: Yep new
      #144000 - 01/29/05 07:17 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hate anything touching the front of my neck and NEVER wear turltenecks.. they are even worse then things with a tight waist on my list... and thats bad..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Thanks! For all your replies I was feeling abit odd again...:) new
      #144055 - 01/29/05 09:10 AM
Harmony

I just got my official Drs. diagnosis of IBS yesterday. And we decided to forgo a gallbladder and liver sample because they felt that I was truly IBS and it would not cure or fix me to disrupt them. Surgery will make IBS worse for a while. But thanks for all the info!

Re: Check out these posts new
      #144060 - 01/29/05 09:22 AM
Harmony

Thanks for helping me through some rough questions. I do try to check the subject out first, but sometimes just being too lazy to do it again. those links helped alot.

Re: Oh yes honey....... new
      #144062 - 01/29/05 09:25 AM
Harmony

We have brought the MOoMoo back into style...:) I am so glad to hear this and see it as one more sign I am on the right track to becoming less obsessed with *What the hell is wrong with me!"...:)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review