All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Night-time nausea
      #143740 - 01/28/05 09:22 AM
WelshLady

Reged: 08/25/04

Woke up at 1am this morning with a bellyache and nausea, which led to a trip to the bathroom...lovely!!

Felt nauseous but not actually sick..was shivering a bit...thankfully it didn't last and I managed to get back to sleep quite quickly..

Anyone else get these middle-of-the-night bouts? I've had them a few times over the last year or so...

Never usually get nauseous with daytime 'attacks'...very strange... anyone got any theories? Could it just be gas making me nauseous?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Night-time nausea new
      #143771 - 01/28/05 10:49 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That's happened to me about 3-4 times before too. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm gonna puke.

I go to the washroom and wait and I never end up puking. I always go back to bed with really bad chills and then wake up in the morning feeling fine again.

Weird eh? I wonder why this happens....I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this happen.

#143778 - 01/28/05 10:57 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

That happens to me if I forget to eat dinner. I have to eat some plain toast to make it go away so I can go back to bed.

It tends to take me about 10 minutes of panicking in the bathroom to figure that out though....

--------------------
*Emma*

#143782 - 01/28/05 11:00 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

this is my least favourite aspect of all the wonderful aspects of IBS. It always scares me to be woken up with that nausea, which generally means I need to poo...I have a little routine of grabbing my fleece robe, putting the hood up, grabbing my little puppy teddy bear that hubby gave me, crystallised ginger in my hand and I go into the toilet, sit down, put my head between my knees and deep breathe and usually it ebbs away about half an hour to an hour after the poo finally emerges. I really hate it. I shiver and shake too. You are not alone.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 527

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review