Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: I think there is a medicine for this... new
      #168361 - 04/08/05 02:18 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Hi Michelle!
I did try a drug called Reglan, but it was just awful with side effects. I have read that it is dangerous, also, and they are thinking about taking it off the market. Didn't really do anything anyhow.

I'm afraid that if I take an SFS with delayed emptying, all it would do is "sit" inside me and build up and get me into bigger trouble. But the C is so bad, and the SFS has helped so many. It doesn't seem like it will be possible to get this C under control without any SFS. I don't know whether to take an SFS or not.

They also recommend a low fiber diet for delayed gastric emptying. Not exactly helpful for constipation. So what is one to do who has both??

I just wish someone could help me manage all these different conditions I am dealing with. There are too many variables here, and not simply IBS.

How do you think I will find my answers? This diet board does promote SFS and good amounts of fiber. So maybe my problems are beyond this board. The doctor I have is no help. (I am looking for another new one)! Who finally discovered your problem??? The UNC?? Do you think I should try and get in there? Would it be worth the trip?

thanks for your kind words! I would pay a million dollars for that magic answer!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1612 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1628

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review