All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELLO AND WANTED AN OPINION
      #140121 - 01/19/05 04:20 PM
fyahkisses

Reged: 12/03/04

HI everyone-
Sorry i dont have a pic yet and this is my first time posting. Anyway- I first wanted to say THANK YOU to Heather...what a brilliant site with lots of great and helpful info. I am kind of new to IBS-C but it has made the last 6 months of my life miserable. I am starting to get back on track with the help of some of the diet guidelines along with a fiber supplement and exercise has helped a bit. I have also found that plain yogurt With the probiotics ( i like the stonyfield ) seems to help wonderfully.It is suppose to really help with balancing the intestinal flora. I actually mix in my fiber supplement with the yogurt b/c I cant stand the taste in juice and it mixes very well and tastes like a treat..sometimes i add a hint of splenda to it !!! I have not been able to give up the coffee though and for me I find that 2 cups in the morning really seems to help me to have a BM..is it really that horrible??? Also- I find that spinach is even more constipating.Is this a food I should stay away from? Maybe because of the iron content I dunno??? Anyone else have this experience. Anyway hope you all are feeling well because I certainly do sympathize and I would love to hear everyones input. I am still getting familiar with the diet guidelines and the site itself

REGARDS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELLO AND WANTED AN OPINION new
      #140127 - 01/19/05 04:46 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hi and welcome! The only thing I can give you input on is that hot tea helps me have a BM if I become irregular as I'm a IBS-D and rarely am a C. The only time I'm a C is when I take Percocet or some other kind of narcotic like that.

Yogurt is great for the intestinal flora. I overdosed on yogurt after a bad bout with C-diff and I developed a kidney stone. Another story. Anyhow, keep up the yogurt. It's great for the belly.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Hi new
      #140235 - 01/20/05 03:23 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well done on getting those probiotics, but the dairy in the yogurt WILL be messing you up, so switch to soy yogurts, ok? Probiotics you can buy in safe capsules anyway so you don't actually need all the dairy yogurt!

Do a search on Splenda. I'm not sure what the consensus was on it, but personally I stay away from ALL artificial sweeteners as they screw me up something chronic.

Coffee is BAD, BAD, BAD!!! You're using it as a laxative and your intestines will get (or have got) reliant on it, which is not good! Try and get off it, okay?

Not sure on the spinach...it could be the minerals I guess. How were you cooking it? I stay away from it generally, but I don't know how bad it is.

Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6017 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 311

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review