All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: constant hunger new
      #140935 - 01/22/05 09:14 AM
cynergy

Reged: 01/19/05

yes, I have that cheat sheet posted above my computer at work and carry it with me in my purse to the grocery store. I am eating all the kinds of protein you suggest, except I am allergic to nuts, so I cannot eat them.

My big concern is that I am suffering a mental change from eating this way...it's making my head spin, and I feel depressed and near tears all the time, and at the same time I have all this nervous energy from all the sugar in the starches, very ungrounded.

I feel like such a whiner here, but I need someplace to speak out about my difficulties, so thanks for listening...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#140996 - 01/22/05 11:28 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

That's what we're here for. I'm guessing that it's just going to take some time for your body to adjust. If it's used to getting certain foods, it's used to getting certain foods. Changing your diet can definitely throw your whole body off. Give it time. Your body should adjust. In the meantime, drink lots of soy milk, get your proteins, and maybe back off on the soluble fibre a bit... it may help.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#142110 - 01/24/05 04:43 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I'm a little late on this reply, but I am new to the site and just noticed your note. I don't know if I have any good answers, but I am struggling much the same way you are. My diet before used to be high in lean proteins and tons of fruits, veggies, grains and good fats. Now, I can't stop the weight gain, I am always hungry b/c of the refined starch and starch in general, and I feel awful w/out the fruits and veg. However, my body just cannot tolerate anything other than banana, mango, and potatoes at this point. I've tried a few leaves of greens, and I go nuts. You are not alone in trying to find a balance! If I find anything good, I will let you know.

#147609 - 02/07/05 05:41 PM
cynergy

Reged: 01/19/05

Well, I think I figured out part of the problem - I wasn't eating enough fat! I decided that if I am eating starches, it is safe to add in a little non-dairy fat, hoping the starch will kinda soak up the fat, and it seems to work. I think the most important thing for me is to eliminate the dairy, but I still need to add in some extra fat. And, if I want to eat veggies, I try to cook them (I've only attempted salad a couple times) and also eat them AFTER eating a good serving of starch.
It also seems that my body has adjusted pretty much by now to the diet, but I do have to snack all the time, which is annoying. I found pretzels that have soy protein in them too, which are much more balanced for me and satisfy me more, and I am really enjoying the SALMON JERKY and the DRIED MANGOES - that makes my life much happier. I don't feel such a sugar high anymore.
I'm just HOPING that eventually I will be able to eat more like I used to. I did get a very lean steak and ate it like I usually do when I start my cycle (need IRON!), and ate it with a HUGE baked potato...it seemed to go OK. I will say though, that my case is not that severe. However, eating this way is sure making my digestive track much more regular, and I feel it is more healthy. That's a very good thing.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2209

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review