All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tailbone pain
      #139869 - 01/19/05 08:45 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I was wondering if anyone has problems with their tailbone. Mine really started bothering me after I had my son. The nurse told it would because of the epideral. Well it has been over 1 year now and I am still bothered by it. It really hurts if I have to push when I have a BM. I notice it most after sitting for a long time in a chair. I try to get up and it is almost excruciating. I have lost quite a bit of weight in the past year and that area doesn't have much padding anymore. My tailbone seems to be very prominent now. I was wondering if it was possible that I might have fractured it during delivery. Sitting on the toilet can be painful at times too. I would appreciate anyone who might have some insight on this!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tailbone pain new
      #139875 - 01/19/05 09:03 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hi,
I couldn't comment on after giving birth pains, but I suffer with tailbone pains occassionally too, esp after sitting down too long. I find my bottom gets numb quite quickly due to me losing weight as well! Sitting in the bath is an interesting event as my bum is so boney!! It might be worth getting checked to see if it has been fractured, this part of your body is very sensitive...
Hope that helps!

#139899 - 01/19/05 10:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hmm, not sure about the child birth either as I'm still working on getting pregnant!! But, have you tried a chiropractor? I go every two weeks to be adjust and always feel so much better afterwards! My insurance even pays for it! I reputable chiropractor will take x-rays before doing any adjustments so they will be able to tell if there is or was ever a fracture there also!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#139901 - 01/19/05 10:17 AM
Angela E.

I am so scared to go to a chiropractor! I just don't know if I trust them. I know that many people go to them and they swear by them, it's just something I am not to sure of. I have my annual with my OBGYN coming up and I think I am going to talk to her about it. She is really great and hopefully will be able to help me.

#139907 - 01/19/05 10:28 AM
michele

Your obgyn is a good place to start. A couple of x-rays may help set your mind at ease. If you are leary about trying a chircopractor, call a few different offices and explain your reluctance and ask if you can come in for a free consultaion to meet the dr. Most places will do this. My chiropractor does try to push some vitamins and supplements on me but I just say "no thanks" or use my ibs for an excuss not to try something. My chircopractor recently got an instrument called a pro-adjuster. Its a little probe thing he runs down my back and a machine records something to tell him where I need to be adjusted. The he resets the machine and puts this probe thing on the spot to be adjusted and it clicks a few times and adjusts my spine without having to twist me and pull me! Its really very painless, he even rubs my shoulders for me and I feel so much better afterwards!

--------------------

#139910 - 01/19/05 10:33 AM
Angela E.

If I don't have any luck with my OB and X-rays I might look into a chiropractor. I just fear them because one really messed up my grandma's back. He did adjustments on her when he never should have! Her spine is like an S and she ended having back surgery because of it. Thanks for the info and I hope that you are feeling better today!

#139919 - 01/19/05 10:56 AM
michele

Oh, that is kinda scary!! Sorry to hear about your grandma!! I guess I'd be a bit leary too!

--------------------

#140229 - 01/20/05 01:06 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I fractured mine coming off the back of a horse when I was in high school. The kind of pain you describe sounds a lot like what I went through (on hard school chairs too! :O )
Get and x-ray! Don't get a cast on your bum though....

--------------------
*Emma*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review