All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
first attack in a long time!
      #139367 - 01/17/05 01:02 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok so this morning everything seemed normal and then after about an hour of being up I had the WORST pains in my stomach. I could feel that it was gas and I couldn't have my BM because when I pushed it was too painful. (tmi I know) I was literally sitting on the toilet with peppermint tea and trying to get rid of the pain. It subsided after an hour but I am really bummed because I haven't had that in a really long time! I can't even figure out why. The only thing I could think of was I have been sneaking a few "bad things" here and there, but nothing real major. That's what I hate about IBS it just sneaks up out of nowhere sometimes. Even my husband said "wow you haven't been like this in a while!" Well that's it for now. I just knew I could vent here when I needed!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: first attack in a long time! new
      #139382 - 01/17/05 01:43 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh Angela, Sorry to hear about the attack. I hope your tummy is feeling better! Your right, IBS can sneak up sometimes when you least expect it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#139387 - 01/17/05 02:26 PM

Unregistered

Hope you're feeling better Angela! I hate how it can just catch you off gaurd like that, especially when you've been feeling good for awhile. Glad to hear it didn't last very long though!

#139397 - 01/17/05 02:41 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yep, it happens to me too. I consider myself pretty stable but still get the occasional attack. When it happens, it always upsets me. Plus, since I'm used to pain-free, d-free days, it alwasy surprises the heck out of me. I kinda think to tummy "How dare you!"

But the body and mind are very connected so I can't think that way too long. I have to accept it and tell myself the next day will be just fine and allow myself to "forgive" my tummy. And 95% of the time, I'm just fine the next day.

me too..... new
      #139414 - 01/17/05 03:49 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

I'm not sure what happened but lately anytime I eat anything I am hurting within 15 minutes. Soo....I am back on the what to eat when you can't eat anything plain, boring stuff.

We will conquer this!

Sorry to hear this.. new
      #139471 - 01/18/05 03:15 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

hope your doing better today...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#139487 - 01/18/05 05:46 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Thanks for the support everyone! I am doing better today. I am going to have to be careful because I have alot going on this week at work so stress will be a big factor! Also I may not be on the boards that much eithe. Lots of love to everyone!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1356

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review