All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Has anyone used the SAMe from the Life Extension foundation?
      #137227 - 01/11/05 10:11 AM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

This has been recommended to me, in place of taking anti-suppression drugs like Lexapro or Remeron. Does anyone have any personal information as to the success of this seritonon uptake?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Has anyone used the SAMe from the Life Extension foundation? new
      #137403 - 01/11/05 02:34 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

One of my close friends almost died from taking it. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#137580 - 01/12/05 09:35 AM
Harmony

Thank you. Well that's one that I will avoid. I really am so glad I have came to the board at this time. I was so desperate and getting exhausted with the approach by my dr.s I have a meeting today with the GI, and we are going to have one of the most indepth talks we have ever had. I will be very direct about his passing everything off as emtional, I am seeing a counselor, we are discussing phobia and fear, and I have bravely tried the nuts and milk products to find myself in extreme distress. Red meat is a bullet to me. If he say's it's in my head again, I am changing dr.s. I am going to give him a link to this site and tell him to spend sometime reading the information. I have let him do every test he recommended, now it's time I got my monies worth from him, not just for me, but for the next woman who comes in with the same symptoms. Thanks again, You are one of the windwalkers I am looking for...:)

#137834 - 01/12/05 03:32 PM
LauraSue

Harmony,

Good for you. You're paying that doctor. That makes him your employee! If he doesn't take you seriously, you're right -- it's time to FIRE his sorry a$$ !!! IBS is so NOT a psychological problem and it's time for him to get with the program!

And thank you so much for the sweet compliment. A windwalker, wow!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#137897 - 01/12/05 08:23 PM
Harmony

The Dr. was shocked at my boldness. He copied down the web site, but first he tried to say there is no such thing as a IBS diet...:( I asked him if he had ever seen a list of soluble and insoluble fibers. He looked embarrassed. I then told him I was wasting my time and his. And that there would be no other visits. He tried to talk me into a nother test because the surgeon believes I May not be getting enough blood circulation into the smaller intestant. I told him that we would just cut out the middle man here. And that I wasn't going to stay with this circle that had fed off of my insurance for a year. I was going to find Drs. that understood this and addressed it. I wish I had done this months ago. My last comments were to point his attention to the literature he had in the office about ibs. And asked him why he thought he should be giving out medicine for something he didn't seem to be knowledgable about. He made one last attempt to keep me in his corner by saying I had some symptoms of IBS. I just took a deep breathe and said we were finished. I didn't trust him any longer. Now I got to start over with a GI, but I will ask these questions first...no more "practicing" on ConnieSue....:) Yes...you are a windwalker...and I don't mean that in a derogatory way...

#138145 - 01/13/05 03:57 PM
LauraSue

Good for you!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#142179 - 01/24/05 06:56 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

GOOD FOR YOU! I have had similar negative experiences with Docs, and we don't need that on top of everything else. I have also thought of sending this information to a doctor I visited recently who told me "so you are a little uncomfortable....so what". What an a**hole.

#142288 - 01/25/05 06:02 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I suffer horrible PMS, but have been using 5-HTP, a natural amino acid that breaks down into seratonin and melatonin, 100mg per day, and have noticed a blessed change. You can take it at higher doses, and it works naturally to raise seratonin levels. Just thought I'd let you know.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: LauraSue: Has anyone used the SAMe from the Life Extension foundation? new
      #142507 - 01/25/05 12:05 PM
Lauriea

Reged: 08/18/04

What did your friend experience when taking SAMe? How much did she take daily? I have heard and read some literature to say that it is widely used in Europe and is an effective AD with very few side effects. Thanks for any info that you have.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1235

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review