Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
what's been working IBS-C
      #137226 - 01/11/05 10:09 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi Everyone,
well today is day 3 & I'm still feeling pretty O.K. I just wanted to share with everyone the three things that I've found that are making me feel better. I started these because other people on the board have had success with them so to everyone THANK YOU!!!!

1} WATER WATER WATER WATER. I've started putting a sticky note on my water bottle & now I mark off every bottle that I finish. I'm up to about 64 oz a day & it's making a tremendous difference.
2} SFS. I'm taking 6 grams of benefiber every morning & I really think it's helping.
3} Exercise. I walk about 3 miles 6 days a week & that really helps to get the gas out. I do it first thing in the morning & it's a great way to start the day.

Overall my gas & bloating have gone down & I'm so much more comfortable. I have been watching my diet but found that portion control for me, is even more important than what foods I eat. I think the water has been the biggest help of all.
So once again, thanks everyone for the suggestions & the support. This place is great
Meryl

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Way To Go!!! -nt- new
      #137228 - 01/11/05 10:11 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: what's been working IBS-C new
      #137236 - 01/11/05 10:37 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

That's so great! Hope it keeps up.

Knowing me, by now, you know I have to ask a few questions!

1. Do you take all your fiber at one time in AM?
2. Do you take any other supplements or meds at all?(brand of probiotic,zelnorm, magnesium, fish oil capsules, fennel tea, gas x, etc.), or prescription meds?
3. How can you walk when it's freezing out there!

Again, so happy you have found relief!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#137243 - 01/11/05 10:51 AM
Meryl36

Hi Augie,
no problem on the questions, I only hope the answers will help you.

1}Yes, I take all the fiber in the morning. I mix it in a smoothie with bananas & soy milk.

2}I'm also taking a proboitic called PB8. Once in the morning & once at night (if I remember). I'm not sure they're really doing anything but at least I know I won't get a yeast infection if I keep taking them.
I'm also taking 2 gas x in the morning on the way to work. If I feel a little rumbling, I may take a peppermint cap or 2 fennel pills. That's really about it.

3}I have a treadmill. It's the best piece of equipment I could ever have gotten. I watch TV or listen to walkman & in about 47 minutes I can get 3 miles done & lots of gas out. (thank goodness I do this at 6 am & there's no one
there but the dogs!)

Are you getting enough water? It really seems to be the magic potion for us C'ers. I'd cut out all the meds & start from scratch. Drink tons of water & then slowly add what you think will help.

I hope by now you're feeling better.
Meryl

Meryl36 new
      #137252 - 01/11/05 11:00 AM
Augie

I don't drink water, only in the form of tea. Don't know if it needs to be pure water in order to count!

Also, which PB8 are you taking. There are two forms. There is one with FOS and one without. I have the one without and didn't think it did anything so maybe I need the one with, but I thought FOS was bad for IBS people. Let me know, if you can find it on the bottle, okay?

Oh a treadmill would do it for you! Wow, 6 am! I barely can make it out of bed at 6:30 am!

Do you put any other fruit in your smoothie, or only the one banana?

Sorry so many questions. Trying to "leech" on to anyone who seems to have this darn IBS turned around! So happy for you!
I did try benefiber at one time, so maybe I'll try it again, although if I remember correctly it didn't agree with me too much!

--------------------
~ Beth

#137256 - 01/11/05 11:02 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

Quote:

2}I'm also taking a proboitic called PB8. Once in the morning & once at night (if I remember). I'm not sure they're really doing anything but at least I know I won't get a yeast infection if I keep taking them.

I'm sorry for asking this, and its probably someplace in the information but I couldn't find it, so I'm asking. What is PB8 exactly? I've been dealing with IBS for a few years now, and still looking for new ways to comfort myself. Just curious. Thanks!!

#137259 - 01/11/05 11:05 AM
Augie

It's a brand of probiotic and the 8 stands for the number of different strains of probiotics it contains.

--------------------
~ Beth

#137262 - 01/11/05 11:10 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

Quote:

It's a brand of probiotic and the 8 stands for the number of different strains of probiotics it contains.

Thanks. Now next question....where/how can I get it? Does it have a specific name? I'm very new at all of this!!

PB8 new
      #137270 - 01/11/05 11:18 AM
Augie

You can find it at any HFS or at Wild Oats or Whole Foods if you have them near you. It's cheaper at those places anyhow!

Just ask where the probiotics are and PB8 is actually the specific name of this probiotic! It's usually refrigerated in the "digestive area" of the supplements. Just ask anyone working in that area of the store.

--------------------
~ Beth

#137383 - 01/11/05 01:56 PM
Meryl36

PB8 is a proboitic which helps to regulate your intestinal flora. You can find it at any Vitamin Shoppe. Its like a extra strong acidopholous (sp?). You're supposed to take it with food but I always forget so I just take it in the morning.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2081 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review