All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I tried it and oh boy!
      #135544 - 01/05/05 11:54 PM
dnctla89

Reged: 12/24/04

Ok guys.....I finally tried Silk soymilk...vanilla flavored. It wasn't bad tasting on cereal...which I haven't been able to have in over a year...so I was very pleased. Til around 4 am in the morning when it decided it didn't like me!! It was awful. The thing is I have been told that since it is a bean product it can cause some probs at first. I only had maybe a half a cup thinking I would go slow. Is this too much for a first timer? I am afraid to drink it again not knowing if it is the IBS or if it's the bean part. What were some other peoples first time reactions?
Carrie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I tried it and oh boy! new
      #135549 - 01/06/05 01:19 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi! I've had soy milk on a doctors advice twice (like I've tried it 2 times for a month at a time) and for me it causes terrible pain and d! I was even worse than on dairy! Apparantly a lot of people have a soy intolerance as bad as they do dairy. Perhaps try rice or oat milk instead.

--------------------
Amy

Re: I tried it and oh boy! new
      #135554 - 01/06/05 02:21 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yeah, I found that, at least at first, rice milk agreed with me a LOT better than soy milk... which is kooky for me, because pre-IBS-diet, I drank a lot of soy milk! Ah well. Something else I've found is that I can't drink ANY of it - even the rice milk - cold/refrigerated. If you continue to have problems with it, try warming it up. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2054 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 349

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review