Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: fishnets new
      #133537 - 12/29/04 09:19 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Thanks for the ideas. I can't do fruit juices so those are out. Looks like water.

Do you drink the orange with the aspartime or the regular orange without but with the citric acid? I think there is a regular orange without the artificial sweetner. And it doesn't bother you?

I have a very very hard time with the bloated belly and feeling fat. It is like an ironic punishment almost for all the years of being so flat bellied, almost concaved. I do not want that back, but there has to be a medium between anorexic tummy and bloated IBS belly!

I drink the one with aspertame, the suger free. But that's cause it doesn't bother me.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oooh good information to know! new
      #133540 - 12/29/04 09:37 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Thanks for sharing, Beth! I did not know that about the Acacia. I have tried both and actually had two different problems with both - which I had just attributed to the guar gum. But I have heard so many people who have had success with the Acacia so definitely give it a try!

Unfortunately a lot of things with IBS are just a trial and error process.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Acacia and benefiber new
      #133557 - 12/29/04 10:23 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Didn't realize you had tried both. Thought the Acacia would have been an option for you. Oh well. Maybe it's gums in general that you cannot tolerate. Now I'm leery of the Acacia!

I'm soo C right now, I wish something would work. Not even the zelnorm is doing anything!

What problems did you have with the benefiber as well as the acacia? I know a lot of people love the acacia and everyone is different.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Acacia and benefiber new
      #133570 - 12/29/04 11:08 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Don't let my story scare you off the acacia! Everybody's body is different and there are some people who believe that the Acacia is a godsend.

Try looking at it this way when trying any fiber: What's the worst that's going to happen if you try it? You get symptons that you've already experienced or nothing happens at all. What's the best that can happen if you try it? It works and your C starts to become regular!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Beth new
      #133660 - 12/29/04 03:36 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Glad to hear you got the all-clear from your gynae! But that's really annoying that they don't take the bloating in your legs seriously - body image, hah! - they just don't know how painful it is! I had the same very badly in the run up to my op, also couldn't straighten my right leg properly, also limped a lot, also pain, pain, pain. Well, in my case getting rid of the fibroid solved all of that, which isn't any help to you ... There are so many possible reasons for swelling in the legs, my mother had the same due to liver disease, but I think it's all because of water retention, whatever is causing that ... anyway you know what the old woman said when asked for advice "If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have kept my legs in a jar on the shelf!"

BTW it's about time someone thanked you for asking all the questions the rest of us also want answers to! It's nice to know that someone else is wondering the same things - so thanks!

Josephine

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5066

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review