All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
So much for thinking that I could eat "bad" ------
      #132071 - 12/21/04 07:14 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I generally stick with Heather's diet, but occassionally I'll eat "bad" things (like if we go to someone's house for dinner or go to a Christmas party). Well, last night my dh bought chips & salsa from a Mexican restaurant. They tasted good, but my intestines have been protesting ever since I ate them. I have IBS-C. So I'm NOT having D-- I'm just having mild crampy feelings & discomfort. Belly aches are still not fun.

This reinforces to me that Heather's diet actually does make me feel better!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So much for thinking that I could eat "bad" ------ new
      #132183 - 12/21/04 03:07 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

True. Heather's diet is the way to go. We all make mistakes. Don't worry about it, and get through it as best you can.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: So much for thinking that I could eat "bad" ------ new
      #132195 - 12/21/04 03:59 PM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

Dear Belshel;
I'll usually go to hell in a handbasket and eat EVERYTHING that's a no no-red meat,raw veggies,soda,cheese pasteries-on a holiday,primarily Christmas and New Year's-ready to pay the price for a week afterwards.(Except COFFEE-that will be going too far and would take WEEKS to recover from.)I'll actually schedule my life in such a way for the following week if possible to do so.Why?Bc it's a holiday and they are rare events with loved ones to be savored and cherished as memories and they are worth a little pain.What I'm planning on doing this year is to bake all kinds of IBS safe goodies for dessert and to eat during the subsequent bad days-thus limiting my evil eating to the meals themselves.This should minimize the impact to my system and allow a speedy recovery.The trick to to make sure you go right back on the diet IMMEDIATELY and do whatever you need to do to get well as quickly as possible in the subsequent days.This way-you can literally have your cake and eat it too.Good luck to all this holiday,whatever you choose.
Sincerely,
Andrew L.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 622

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review