All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Insoluble question for IBSD or A types.
      #132061 - 12/21/04 06:43 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I had a great big pot of enchilada bean soup type thing for dinner last night. I had a pretty big helping. Today I've gone three times (not D but on the loose side..sorry TMI). I was tempted to take an immodium but I knew I'd be home so I wanted to wait it out. It stopped on its own. I'm going to be careful today though. Here is my question. I'm normally a D but have been leaning more towards A lately. Should I be adding some insolubles to my diet so I don't have days where it's tough to go? I think b/c it was too much too soon last night that I went a lot today. I have to keep myself from pancicking when I go...I think because of my past I think it will turn into an attack of D. It rarely does but that thought is still there so I take an immodium which blocks me up for a day or two. I have to try and go au natural for a bit.

Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Insoluble question for IBSD or A types. new
      #132108 - 12/21/04 08:43 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Yeah, I bet it was just too much. Any kind of beans do that to me also. Plus, eating too much can be a trigger. So, double whammie there. Try having a smaller cup (not today!) next time with maybe a big hunk of french bread (or your soluble of choice). Maybe try other insolubles too. Beans are harder for me. And, if I don't drink enough water or slack on my exercise or get enough insoluble, I tend to swing to the C-ish side occassionally.

Also, you may want to consider hypno, because I used to panic about having an attack and it wouldn't turn out to be one a lot also. Hypno really helped me with that.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review