All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Not really working.......
      #131636 - 12/19/04 01:45 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

Hi all

I have been on this diet for over a month or so now and I feel a little bit better but not alot. I am missing dairy things like cheese. I am still having nausea....do you think that this diet may not be for everyone with IBS?? I am thinking of adding some dairy like cheese or yougurt into my diet again to see if there is any difference on the way that I feel....any suguestions for things that may be able to help me with the nausea??

Cheers,
A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not really working....... new
      #131671 - 12/19/04 07:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ginger tea is very good for nausea. To make your own just put a "knob" of peeled ginger in a saucepan of water and heat and steep. Add honey and lemon if you like. You can reuse the ginger by adding more water for a couple days. (if you are cheap like me). But you should give the diet more time to work. And I am a huge dairy fan too and many times said "I don't feel better yet after being off dairy so I will go back on it" and it did NOT make me feel better to go back on it. I know it is hard to give up dairy but it is for the best. Our guts have enough trouble without having to digest dairy and red meat!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Not really working....... new
      #131692 - 12/19/04 09:36 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Definitely give the diet more time. You don't say if you're a D, C, or A, but I'm an A who always leaned more to the side of D, and it actually took me 2 1/2 to 3 months to start really feeling better on this diet. For people who are C, it can take even longer. It's not a quick fix for everyone, but it is a long-term solution.

And I second the vote for ginger for nausea. If you find the tea nasty, like I do, you can try ginger altoids, ginger chews (they sell them in health-food stores), or candied ginger (the strongest option). Ginger works!

Ting Ting Jahe ginger candies new
      #131973 - 12/20/04 05:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

available in asian stores or asian section of grocery stores is also good for nausea.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 417 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 469

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review