All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
P.F. Chang's - Speciality Menu
      #131017 - 12/16/04 11:22 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi everyone! I'm going to P.F. Chang's for the first time this weekend, and I decided to go online to look at the menu ahead of time to be prepared. Anyway, they had a specialty menu for Recommendations for Gluten Intolerant Diets, which I thought was really cool! Just wanted to share for our gluten intolerant folks. Also, that to me shows I'm sure they'd be very accomadting and helpful to adjust menus for IBS (which I don't think should be very hard seeing as it's Chinese). BTW - if anyone's ever been there already and has any recommendations for dishes, I'd love to hear them!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: P.F. Chang's - Speciality Menu new
      #131027 - 12/16/04 12:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't have any suggestions. What I got was not the best choice- chicken moo shu, but I was quite disappointed by PF Chang's! Even their rice was under par. If you have a Big Bowl go there instead. Sorry to be a party pooper!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#131058 - 12/16/04 12:53 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

I don't have any suggestions. What I got was not the best choice- chicken moo shu, but I was quite disappointed by PF Chang's! Even their rice was under par. If you have a Big Bowl go there instead. Sorry to be a party pooper!

Not a party pooper at all! Thanks for the Big Bowl recomendation. I looked them up online, but unfortunately they aren't located in NJ or anywhere near here. I'll keep it in mind for future reference though!

Hopefully this PF Chang's will be better. I've had at least 3 people tell me how great it is, so I've been dying to try it. Wish me luck!

#131067 - 12/16/04 01:07 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

hey mags, I haven't been there, but guys I work with have. The one guy that is really into going to Chinese/Japanese places said it was alittle too mainstream for his liking. He really liked the japanese beer, maybe if BF is going you can get him to try it! I think it is a Benni Hana's-ish place? I also heard it gets SOOOO crowded, that even with reservations you have to wait awhile. It sounds like a fun experience, though, even if the food is not THE best.
Have fun!

--------------------
-Sheri

#131070 - 12/16/04 01:23 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

hey mags, I haven't been there, but guys I work with have. The one guy that is really into going to Chinese/Japanese places said it was alittle too mainstream for his liking. He really liked the japanese beer, maybe if BF is going you can get him to try it! I think it is a Benni Hana's-ish place? I also heard it gets SOOOO crowded, that even with reservations you have to wait awhile. It sounds like a fun experience, though, even if the food is not THE best.
Have fun!

Thanks for the review! Yes, BF will be there, so I'm sure he'll try the beer. He's taking me for my birthday. (It's where I wanted to go last year but I was taken to Quizno's instead - big difference, eh? ) I went to Bennihanna's once & I loved it, so that's a good sign! LOL I'll let you know how it goes in case you want to try it sometime.

#131080 - 12/16/04 02:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Mags..

I've been to PFchangs and I looooove it! Whenever I go I usually get the lomein which is great.. and also the calamari there is great.. its called salt/pepper calamari and its fabulous.. haha not ibs safe but still good.

is this the same boyfriend as last year? happy early bday

--------------------

I'm impressed! new
      #131082 - 12/16/04 02:21 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

btw- from the celiac list I used to be on: Outback Steak house has one too! new
      #131084 - 12/16/04 02:25 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and they have a menu which lists food items for allergy people including DAIRY products... their BBQ chicken is actually really good and safe and so is their fish if you ask for it to be cooked wihtout butter.. and a plain potato.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#131155 - 12/16/04 04:19 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Hey Mags..

I've been to PFchangs and I looooove it! Whenever I go I usually get the lomein which is great.. and also the calamari there is great.. its called salt/pepper calamari and its fabulous.. haha not ibs safe but still good. haha! Maybe I'll have a taste of someone else's calamari another time. This is the only part of my plans I know about so I don't want to ruin the rest of the night. Apparently, I'm not going to be home until Sunday. So, the lomein is IBS safe though?

is this the same boyfriend as last year? Nope, new BF. He's the best! I love him to death! But, I could go on and on about that...heehee happy early bday Thanks!

Re: btw- from the celiac list I used to be on: Outback Steak house has one too! new
      #131161 - 12/16/04 04:25 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

and they have a menu which lists food items for allergy people including DAIRY products... their BBQ chicken is actually really good and safe and so is their fish if you ask for it to be cooked wihtout butter.. and a plain potato.

Amie

I think it's so great restaurants take the time to do this! Outback's has theirs online too. They even have a statement how they don't use MSG!! How cool is that!! Here's their info in case anyone wants to see it: web page

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1834

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review