All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: I'm impressed! new
      #131164 - 12/16/04 04:36 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Me too! I think it's great to be able to have a decent restaurant experience - at last! It took me a few years before I was able to (before I found Heather). As a matter of fact I had 2 awesome experiences in the past few months. Both were local restaurants, and I thought about posting about them in case others in this area would be interested. It would be nice to keep a list, kind of like the doctor recommendations, but I'm not sure how out of control it could get. My 2 recent experiences were one, at a restaurant I got grilled fish and asked them to leave the sauce that contained butter off. They forgot by accident, went totally out of their way to correct it, and gave me my dinner for free. I wasn't even upset about the screw up - hey, we're all only human. It could have been worse (which I'll get to in a sec). At the second one, I got grilled scallops that were supposed to be in a sauce prepared with butter, but the chef prepared it for me with olive oil and left it on the side so I could use it for dipping and OMG was it scrumptious!!! How nice to finally eat something so good that was IBS safe that I didn't have to prepare myself. But as I said before when it could be worse - I went to a place this summer that refused to leave cheese off of anything at first. They said they prepared their meals ahead of time and could do that. Ewww!! My friend gave them a piece of her mind! LOL And then the manager helped bring out the food for the others, and asked why I wasn't eating. I told her there was nothing there I could eat, and when she found out, she went back and was going to have the chef prepare something with out cheese. I basically told her what she could do with her sandwich and didn't order anything. So, yes, there can be horrible places too, but it's nice to know about the good ones.

OK - that was a long babble there!!! Sorry. hehe

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: P.F. Chang's - Speciality Menu new
      #131179 - 12/16/04 05:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I have no trouble with the lomein.. I just say light oil, and it is always fine.. but I usually do fine with lomein at all chinese places, so I think maybe it depends on the person?!?!

--------------------

Hey Amie... new
      #131184 - 12/16/04 05:52 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Just curious. Are you also following a GF diet for glutant intolerance? Have you tested positive on the blood tests for the antibodies or had an endoscop?

Just wondering if you are GF or if not, why you went off the GF diet.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Hey Amie... new
      #131234 - 12/17/04 03:17 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I never found a difference for me being GF.. I have relatives with gluten intolerance and celiacs.. so they tested me for celiacs and made me wait weeks for the results, while I waited I went GF, and didn't find a big change in how I felt and all the tests came back negative.. I do have just IBS, not celiacs.. much easier diet to follow actually and cheaper for a person who loves to bake!

but GF makes a huge difference in my moms life, and that of my aunt Michelle as well... Michelle has Celiacs and mom found that she is gluten and lactose intolerant as well as having Crohns... me- I have problems even with lactose free dairy products, but with 2 anaphalactically allergic to dairy cousins, what does that surprise you. at least my reactions are just gut, bloat and lack of energy and not weakness.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: P.F. Chang's - the review new
      #131853 - 12/20/04 11:25 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Well, Sat. we went to PF Changs. I had steamed shrimp dumplings, mango chicken, and tried a bite of tuna appetizer and BF's scallops (don't remember what it was exactly, but tasted very good!) We both really liked it. And, when BF told the server to be sure nothing was cooked in butter (he does that EVERYWHERE we go - he always looks out for me! ), they said they don't cook anything there in butter. Which I doubted they did, because I didn't think Chinese food used it, but wasn't sure. If these 2 dishes were totally safe, I'm not sure, but I tolerated them very well. All the entrees come with rice, and I got the mango chicken for the mango and carrots, which I figured would boost the soluble up. It also had onions & bean sprouts. I had a glass of wine while BF had dessert. He had cheesecake and I had his strawberry & blueberry garnish! LOL Felt a little bloated (this I think was a combo of being a teensy bit nervous about going to a new restaurant, the wine, & PMS), but we walked around the stores (like an outside mall) after dinner and I felt better after the walk. We'll definitely be going back again!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 334 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1847

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review