All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My 75 year old Mother ,is losing alot of weight on this diet,,A question or Two
      #13046 - 07/02/03 07:28 PM
timmy

Reged: 06/28/03

Hi,Is watermelon ,or Cantalope safe to eat,and is there any thing my 75 year old Mother can eat to make her gain some weight back. She went from 154 down to 126 and is worried about all that weight loss,She has Ibs Con,Please let me know ,I can't seem to find any other listings of food other than what is in Heathers books.Thank You.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My 75 year old Mother ,is losing alot of weight on this diet,,A question or Two new
      #13068 - 07/03/03 03:58 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

If you check here web page , you can see that melons are listed as insoluble, so she can have them--just carefully. Make sure it's after a safe meal, or I guess even maybe add a little to a smoothie?

Also, here's a great way to make a smoothie/shake to help her gain weight. web page

Re: My 75 year old Mother ,is losing alot of weight on this diet,,A question or Two new
      #13082 - 07/03/03 07:50 AM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

Thanks Mags for posting my "smoothie" post! I was thinking the same thing for her Mom. Also I have made that rice lemon pudding that is so dang good. I cant remember the name right now. If you could post a link to that recipe, that would be great! I put more lemon flavor in it, including a little lemon oil. I adjust it for my tastes, and I can use a couple of egg yolks with the egg whites, which really makes it nice and thick and rich. I don't use quite as much liquid, as I like to make sure it makes a thick pudding. I know that I can eat a lot of this because it really is so delicious and goes down really easy! I think it would help to gain some weight, if she can tolerate it, which she should be able to since its mostly just rice and soy. I add some raisins, but I am able to tolerate this too. Just make sure she eats something every couple of hours, she shouldn't go too long without some food, like even plain bread or crackers.

--------------------
~GEA~

link to lemon rice pudding as requested new
      #13088 - 07/03/03 09:42 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Here ya go web page

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#13090 - 07/03/03 09:46 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Will's Dreamy Lemon Rice Pudding

I think this is the one you were looking for. It is yummy! I need to make this again...haven't had it in awhile.

#13095 - 07/03/03 10:09 AM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

Thanks Mags and Heather!
That's it! Yes, it's very yummy and I am thinking of making it again too. I also make it sweeter. I would think that this delectable dish might help Timmy's Mom keep her weight on a little better, don't you think?? They say that for our elderly types, that they can eat more food or more easily that is cold and sweet. It's certainly worth a try!

--------------------
~GEA~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review