All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eating Timetable
      #130436 - 12/14/04 10:35 AM
geri

Reged: 12/14/04

I am new to the IBS diet, but have always monitored my diet to see what is affecting me. It seems like I am always affected two days after eating a trigger food (with exceptions of certain things like coffee, which I feel within an hour or so). Is anyone else in this catagory, or does everyone feel bad right after eating a trigger food? It sometimes makes it really difficult to know exactly what caused a flareup. geri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Eating Timetable new
      #130441 - 12/14/04 11:08 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome to the boards! I don't always feel bad right away after eating something I shouldn't, it can take a couple of days for me as well! I think it varies from person to person and also depends on what it was we eat!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#130592 - 12/15/04 12:17 AM
Chubs

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: London, UK

I agree. IBS is soooo confusing

Like you some times I eat and within half hour I am suffering, othertimes I can eat the same things and have no problems. I had a particularly bad (yet thoroughly enjoyed) weekend and ate quite a few trigger foods and still had no problems, yet I had a little binge on non safe items last night and I feel like I have a bowling ball inside me.

I really need to get back on track and stop cheating I think. Otherwise Im never going to get there.

Good luck

#130614 - 12/15/04 04:55 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Triggers can affect your within minutes or within days. Yes, they can be hard to track down if it takes days. Have you ever kept a food journal? I found it very helpful. Also, read Heather's eating for IBS guidelines. She outlines all the true IBS triggers. Avoid them like the plague. You will also find with time, that if you have additional food sensitivities, they will arise and become evident. You will also find that some trigger foods are worse than others. You may be able to tolerate a bit of one trigger and not one spec of another. It all takes time. Try the journal! By the way, welcome to the boards!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 669 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review