All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Jobs
      #130284 - 12/13/04 06:52 PM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

I've been looking for a job for a long time, but jobs are in short supply in my town. Anyway, I was just wondering how IBS-ers can get and keep jobs while they have their condition. Is it difficult to keep a job while you have IBS? What are the *best* jobs for a person with IBS to have?
Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jobs new
      #130321 - 12/14/04 02:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Not a problem, especially once you start to stabilise - I used a lot of meds for a few months to speed up stabilising as I was working.

Any job where you can go to a bathroom whenever you want and that you enjoy is a pretty perfect job for IBS.

#130335 - 12/14/04 03:18 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I work full time as a lawyer. My job is often stressful but I'm in an office with understanding colleagues and easy access to a bathroom. Like anything, what you need is a job you like with as little stress as possible and easy access to a loo!

--------------------
S.

#130375 - 12/14/04 07:39 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

One of my first jobs after I was just starting to get my IBS under control was filing, and it was PERFECT. I spent all my time alone in a large documents control center (big closet with files) and I didn't have interruptions or visitors. There was a bathroom next door I could duck into too.

The worst jobs were office receptionist jobs I held while studying for my GREs. Anything with a ringing phone is terrible for stress. That plus the fact that I couldn't go to the bathroom cos it is a very visable position, and usually there was no one to cover. Heaven forbid I race to the restroom and the phone starts ringing off the hook!! Yes, that was bad.

But anything where you can be alone, and you have all your work in front of you for the day, and no phone and no awful surprises is great for an IBS-er, I think!! There are a bunch of temp jobs you can find like this too.

Good luck!!

~nelly~

#130386 - 12/14/04 08:21 AM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Probably not very helpful to you, but I am self-employed at home. It's great coz I can really take care of myself without the stress of being out.
I agree with the others though, if you have a job you enjoy, understanding employers and can go to the loo as when you need that is great for IBS!

Good Luck in your search
Niki
xxx

Edited by Niki J (12/14/04 08:28 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1697 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 469

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review