All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sorbitol in colace has me worried
      #126234 - 11/29/04 07:30 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I resorted to taking a colace tonight - just need some relief. However, there is sorbitol in those little pills, so now, of course, I'm worried. Should I be?

For those who take colace, does the sorbitol cause increased cramps, gas, or other lovely symptoms? Maybe I traded one symptom for a bunch of others! Please advice for the future cuz it's too late for tomorrow morning!

Thank you everyone, once again, for coming to my rescue. I am so lucky to have all of your support and experiences to learn from. I hope that one day I will be able to actually start helping people instead of always asking questions.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sorbitol in colace has me worried new
      #126248 - 11/29/04 08:51 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

The tiny amount of sorbitol in the Colace really doesn't bother me, but stool softners are notorious for causing gas pains and cramping. I always thought it was strange that they added sorbitol to a stool softner. I mean, it's a pill. I am not eating it right. Who cares what it tastes like. I want to tell the manufacturers to leave it alone already. Maybe look for the generic Colace (in every supermarket) to see if they contain sorbitol as well.

You may get lucky!

Dana

--------------------
Dana

Re:Need advice on colace please new
      #126471 - 11/30/04 06:01 PM
Augie

Colace causes cramps and bloating? So, I'm just trading one symptom (constipation) for these others? What a choice! Do you think it's worth it to take the colace? And how often is too often? Maybe if I didn't take everyday the cramps and bloat would not be as great?

I've taken colace 2 nights in a row and still nothing. I'm really worried if even this will help me to go. I'm afraid to take more because this stuff scares me some. But my tummy is getting bigger and bigger. Help! Is it safe to keep putting this into me if nothing is coming out yet, or am I causing a bigger problem?

--------------------
~ Beth

bump-nt new
      #127128 - 12/02/04 04:00 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 692 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review