All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint Tea
      #125546 - 11/26/04 04:27 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I know that some people with reflux cannot drink peppermint tea, but I was wondering if anyone has found that it gives them tummyaches, more so than usual.

I have recently added this to my diet and I've been feeling worse. I don't know if the problem is from the tea because there are stressers going on too. But I have a bad feeling about the peppermint. I am going to stop it for a while to see if there is improvement but I was wondering if anyone else got tummyaches from the mint. It is suppose to be helpful for cramps, though, so maybe I'm blaming the wrong culprit! Maybe it's the anise tea or caraway tea but those are suppose to be good too. Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint Tea new
      #125554 - 11/26/04 05:06 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi again! I'm okay with peppermint tea so long as it's not too strong but I took peppermint capsules a few years back and they made my tummy aches so much worse. It felt like the peppermint was burning the lining of my stomach. Don't know if this is helpful but maybe try stopping it for a while and drink fennel and chamomile for a while and see if you feel better

--------------------
Amy

Re: Peppermint Tea new
      #125586 - 11/26/04 09:45 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Peppermint makes my stomach queasy. It's not a pleasant feeling... kind of a flip-flopping, sucking uneasiness. I do like the taste of peppermint tea, so I'll occasionally make a mug and take a couple of sips, but that's it. The strong mints (esp altoids) makes my tummy def worse, though. It's a sucking kind of empty pain. Like my stomach is imploding, sucking it into inself. I know peppermint works well for people, but just not me.

~nelly~

Re: Peppermint capsules new
      #125687 - 11/27/04 04:04 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Was wondering if the capsules are any easier on the tummy than the tea. If the tea is causing tummyaches, would I get any benefit from the capsules or would they also cause problems?
Does anyone else get tummy aches from peppermint tea?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 660 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 455

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review