Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pain
      #12361 - 06/24/03 06:15 AM
mamaraggi

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: Davie, Florida

Hi
I've just spent three days in sharp pain and I'm tired. I think it was restaurant food I got friday....Is it common for the pain to be so high up in the abdomen? It goes all the way thru to between the bottom of my shoulder blades in my back. I vomit alot during these attacks, yellow-green stuff (think Mountain Dew). I try to follow the right diet and all but boy am I getting sick of this whole IBS thing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pain new
      #12365 - 06/24/03 07:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry your feeling so bad When I get a really bad attack the pain can go all the way up to my chest, sometimes its so bad I can't even stand the pressure from my bra! I will also vomit and that just makes things worse. It usually takes a little while, days to weeks for me to recover from an attack that bad, hopefully it won't take that long for you. I would go back to just "safe" foods, bread, rice and tea for a little bit until you start feeling better. Don't forget about the heating pad, if you have to go out pick up some of those little packs that fit right into your panties. I think therma care makes them, I get them at the drug store by the femine products. They provide 8 hours of heat, its the only thing that helps me when I get like that and have to go out.
I know how frustrating it is when you try to do everything right and WHAM. It can be depressing, but know you are not alone and we are here to help and support you. I know its easier said than done but try to keep your chin up.
Do you know exactly what it was that triggered this? Try to take some time for yourself and relax.

Lots of hugs and smiles!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#12388 - 06/24/03 10:28 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - This sounds like something to see your doc about. IBS pain is not typically high up, and it sounds like you might be vomiting bile. I'd definitely seek medical help and insist that they do some upper GI, liver, and gallbladder exams.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#12434 - 06/24/03 07:30 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I agree with Heather - see your Doc. I've had very high pain like yours last for two to three days and turns out to elevated pancerous levels. In the past year and half it has happen three times. Gall stones can cause the same pain.
Keep us posted.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 719

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review