All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thankyou all so much
      #122636 - 11/16/04 06:53 PM
sarahinoz

Reged: 11/09/04
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

I just wanted to say thankyou all so much for all your help, to me and to everyone. I stumbled across this board accidently when researching for my colonoscopy last week, and its been such a help when I honestly was starting to lose hope in ever getting better. Now I can see that so many of you have gotten past your illness and can go back to leading normal lives and it makes me think that maybe i can be normal again too and start living my life like i used to! I just want to be how i used to be - social life, able to go to work, energy, just enjoying being alive which frankly I'm not at the moment!

I'm going to start on Heathers diet because I've heard such good things - breaks my heart because eating different foods was my favourite thing to do! But i cant deal with the nausea and unpredictable bowels anymore so its this or nothing!

Dont stop giving out your awesome advice guys!

Love
~Sarah~

PS. Shattered I live in Australia because Vegas is my favourite place in the world (went there last year) and I need another excuse to go!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thankyou all so much new
      #122641 - 11/16/04 07:07 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi Sarah! I'm from Australia too and have only just found this site. I went shopping today and bought some of my IBS friendly foods and plan to start tomorrow. I'm also going to miss all my "bad" favourites but have found some great alternatives at woolies already. I feel aswell that I just don't want to live (well exist, I wouldn't call it living) like this anymore with my whole life being about pain and toilets! Good luck with the diet, I hope it goes well for you (and for me too ).

--------------------
Amy

#122650 - 11/16/04 07:47 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Welcome to the boars, Sarah, and you're very welcome! Glad you found us.

As for Vegas, we're having our second annual IBS Fall Sprawl next year and it looks like we're leaning towards Vegas again! Now you have an excuse to go again.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#122652 - 11/16/04 08:06 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hey Sarah...Melbourne isn't exactly hell now, is it? You have the beach!!
Life really is going to get better for you. I love to bake and cook and food is my passion and I can totally understand how you are feeling at the moment. But you will find new things to eat that you will grow to love the same...plus, the more stable you get...you never know, you may be able to eventually have some of your favourites again!
We are here always!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Woolies! new
      #122653 - 11/16/04 08:08 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I remember Woolies...awwww I miss Australia!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Hi Sarah and Amy new
      #122672 - 11/16/04 09:35 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hello fellow Aussies I too am only just starting the IBS diet so will keep you posted on any safe & yummy food I find. I've recently ordered some Acacia and some of Heathers fennel and peppermint teas so fingers crossed I start feeling like normal again soon. Its so wonderful that a forum such as this is open to people all over the world. And yes the people in here are SOOOOOOOO helpful and supportive. Where would we be without each other

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Woolies! new
      #122687 - 11/17/04 05:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

The freaky thing is, it's so different here! I couldn't get used to shopping there when I was in Oz. Okay, now I miss it too. Grrr. It's COLD here.

Aww, thanks! new
      #122688 - 11/17/04 05:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I get what you're feeling right now about food, but you can eat soooo much nice stuff with this diet AND feel good. If you're a foodie, get Heather's cook book (Eating For IBS) - there are amazing recipes in there. I mean, there's seafood, Thai food, italian.... yum! Okay, I'm hungry now

Re: Woolies! new
      #122963 - 11/17/04 05:41 PM
sarahinoz

Reged: 11/09/04
Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Ha, you should come to Melbourne...

Woolworths is called Safeway here! I just cant get used to it being called Woolies!! Its Safeway dammit!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review