All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question To Anyone who is Stable
      #122198 - 11/16/04 05:51 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I forgot to take my active birth control pill on Saturday and Sunday I was supposed to be on the placebo. Instead, I had to take the pill I missed. I always get my period on a Wednesday. Does this mean I will be getting it a day late? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Also, for the past monthI have had bm daily even the week before my period, without a problem, which is great. My question is, usually I get bad D the day of my period. I usually take half an Immodium to prevent it, but last month I took it and I was backed up for a few days. Should I take the half Immodium just incase and maybe I won't have D? Or could it be since I am regular now, I won't be backed up from a week of C, that I might not have D, the day of? I just don't want to mess up my system or have a bad day of D at work. Thanks.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Any IBS A's or C's able to answer this? new
      #122210 - 11/16/04 06:10 AM
Sweetd

Can any of you answer the post that I have above? Thanks.

--------------------

Re: Question To Anyone who is Stable new
      #122212 - 11/16/04 06:18 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

sweetd I always just call the nurse at my doctor's surgery and check with her when I miss a pill, I find it all SOO complicated! That's why I put my head in the sand when you asked!
what you said about not needing the imodium makes sense to me, but I guess you need the opinion of another C-er, I am an A-er.
Sorry I can't be of any more help,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122213 - 11/16/04 06:21 AM
Sweetd

Thanks.

--------------------

#122250 - 11/16/04 07:25 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

being unable to take hormonal birth control- no answers there.. but as to the other- I'm an A but I'd skip the immodium until you feelt he D start or the first bout of it... I used to take it as a preventative and succceeded in backing myself up at a time when I used to need it.. and winding up C instead of D one month...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

khyricat new
      #122252 - 11/16/04 07:30 AM
Sweetd

The same thing happened to me! When before I was stabel it would only back me up for a day! Thanks, I will try that.
Does it stop the D in it's tracks, when you take it when you feel the D coming on?

--------------------

#122327 - 11/16/04 09:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Your period may be a day late, or it could be a day early!! When I would miss one of my last pills before my period, it could go either way, sorry-not much help I know!!

I would wait until you actually feel the D coming on before taking any immodium!

Girls on BC pills-if your period makes you ibs worse, as is usually the case, talk to your obgyn about "piggy backing" pills. This means you skip the inactive pills and go right into a new pack. This lets you skip periods. I was to a point where I would only have 2-3 periods a year, it was heaven!! When you first start doing this you will probably have some break through bleeding. Stick with it, that only happened to me a couple of times and for years I only had a few periods each year! Its perfectly safe. They even have a new pill out now called Seasonal, its basically three months of pills in one pack so you have a period 4 times a year!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#122338 - 11/16/04 09:17 AM
Sweetd

Thanks Michelle for your advic. I would love to have it a few times a year!

--------------------

Michele new
      #122343 - 11/16/04 09:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This is what I've done-- stopped my periods altogether with the depo shot. I was spending 4-5 days in bed with cramps from endo every month and my IBS was totally out of control. I was having D 11-20 times a week, every week.

No periods is great! I'm happily period free since 1999 and my IBS has never been better!!

~nelly~

#122359 - 11/16/04 10:18 AM
NikkiZ52

Reged: 05/16/04

When I miss the last pill of the cycle, I usually get my period a day late. I would be prepared for it to come wednesday though, since everybody is different.

As for the Imodium, I am not sure because I am an IBS-D...sorry!

I agree with khyricat...I also know nothing about taking the pill new
      #122365 - 11/16/04 10:26 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

skipping periods new
      #122379 - 11/16/04 10:52 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I have done this a lot over the years, taking up to three packs together, one word of warning about it though, I get much worse periodcramps in the next period after I skip. Also it doesn't work for everyone, two of my friends are on the same pill as me and they still get spotting, works just great for me though, and its really handy if you are going travelling or have something important on.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Well... new
      #122604 - 11/16/04 05:39 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

as it happens... I'm off by a day as well. I'm supposed to get it tommorow and I'm prepared for it, but it probably won't come till Thursday (the day I'm scheduled to fly with my DH to Israel -talk about perfect timing ) As far as the imodium I couldn't tell you because if I ever touch the stuff, I am garanteed to be toilet shy for at least a week. Good luck. I hope you fell good.
Chany

I'm not so sure that's a good idea..... new
      #122607 - 11/16/04 05:42 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I did that before my wedding and I got so bloated up I flet like a hot air balloon. Also skipping the placebos can make you terribly nauseuos and for me that's worse than dealing with my period
Chany

me too new
      #122659 - 11/16/04 08:18 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

the one time I doubled backed two packs I felt awful the whole second month - so bloated, nauseaous, moody....I swore I would never do it again even if it meant having my period on my wedding night! But seems as if it doesn't bother other people!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Any IBS A's or C's able to answer this? new
      #122690 - 11/17/04 05:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I know nothing about the pill, but Immodium I know about!

I'd suggest NOT taking the Immodium as a preventative as you're doing well, but make sure you have some on you at all times, so if you do get D, you can take the pill at the first sign of trouble. Try avoiding IF and other triggers completely instead.

Good luck!

Re: me too new
      #122761 - 11/17/04 09:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I had a little of that the first time I skipped but it completey went away!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 990 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review