All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Shell new
      #123088 - 11/18/04 07:22 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Vegan is more of a way of life, not a diet. Some vegetarians say they "eat a vegan diet", which is ok, but to be vegan you must rid your life of ALL possible animal products (beauty products with lanolin, leather, wool, silk, etc) and be an animal rights activist.
That is why I stay right at my comfort zone of being a strict vegetarian (a vegetarian that 'eats the vegan diet' but still uses some animal products). This way I can pick out which animal products I find it ok and moral to use, and which I don't.
Lots of people get confused on this issue, I did too, but actual vegans tend to get upset when people call vegetarians vegans.
hope this helped alittle!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Protein? new
      #123093 - 11/18/04 07:27 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Why is it that you can't have soy? Are you allergic or find it hard to tolerate? On a veggie website I read that tempeh (fermented whole soybeans) is better for IBS, since somehow the fermentation process causes less gas. So that would be true for miso soup, too, I beleive. I also eat Hummus, like was suggested to you.
How are you with minestrone? If I eat a roll before a bowl of minestrone I am ok (kidney beans).
maybe you could make scrambled eggwhites at home and take them with you on a sandwich?
Lentils I can eat after mushing them up, but not if I am feeling a little funny.
heather has some kind of white bean dip recipe in her Eating for IBS cookbook.
Maybe you can still eat the PB&J for lunch, and cook a god protein filled dinner for yourself?
You are at a major disadvantage not being able to have soy, I eat the stuff constantly, from tofu to milk to yogurt!
Good luck

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Shell new
      #123129 - 11/18/04 08:26 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Vegan is more of a way of life, not a diet. Some vegetarians say they "eat a vegan diet", which is ok, but to be vegan you must rid your life of ALL possible animal products (beauty products with lanolin, leather, wool, silk, etc) and be an animal rights activist.
That is why I stay right at my comfort zone of being a strict vegetarian (a vegetarian that 'eats the vegan diet' but still uses some animal products). This way I can pick out which animal products I find it ok and moral to use, and which I don't.
Lots of people get confused on this issue, I did too, but actual vegans tend to get upset when people call vegetarians vegans.
hope this helped alittle!

Thanks.... that really does help!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Protein? new
      #123141 - 11/18/04 08:49 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oh, I live on these little instant soup cups: there's one that's lentils and couscous. So long as you can get hot water, you can make yourself a very high protein meal!

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review