All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: This diet must not be very helpful for my IBS-C new
      #125009 - 11/23/04 04:13 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Not to turn the thread towards me, but I'm having problems with C, and I'm wondering if you guys can help. I admit I'm not following the diet as well as I should I am taking a SFS mixed with 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds twice a day. But when I take Colace, I find that it doesn't even really work well anymore. If I take 2, nothing happens, and if I take 3, a bit happens but it bothers my tummy a bit. They're not supposed to be addictive but it seems like the more often I take them, they eventually wear off. I'm trying to eat as much insoluble as I can but to no avail!

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Angela E new
      #125018 - 11/23/04 04:35 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do you take a caplet form of SFS as your post says you take 2 SFS at night. That would only be one gram of fiber, right? How much SFS do you take total in a day and what type? I may try caplet form of citrucel but wasn't sure if it worked. May also try fibercon. Are you taking either of those?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#125031 - 11/23/04 05:14 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I alternate through the day. In the morning I usually take citracel in powder form. At lunch I do the caplets because I am at work at its easier. I take only two. At dinner I do 1 1/2 teaspoons of Acacia. At then sometimes at night I take 2 more caplets of citracel. This is the one that I have found works for me but everyone is different. I can say that I am going to working more Acacia into my SFS because I have alot of success with that. Everyone can give you suggestions but it really takes time and experimenting to find what is right for you.

#125038 - 11/23/04 05:34 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I know what you mean. I switched back to Miralax this week, but it's not working on me. I haven't tried Colace. I'd be interested in any advice the others could give!!

You don't want Peri-Colace!! new
      #125048 - 11/23/04 06:40 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

You don't want to take the Peri Colace, because that contains both Senna (a laxative) and a stool softener. Colace is strictly the stool softener, which is safe for you.

Jessica

Thanks, that's what I thought but wasn't sure-nt new
      #125052 - 11/23/04 06:50 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

#125053 - 11/23/04 06:54 PM
Augie

Are you going to add the Acacia while keeping the citricel,both powder and tablets. Or switch over to acacia altogether? It looks like your taking in about 6 grams of fiber a day now and that's working for you right?

--------------------
~ Beth

#125116 - 11/24/04 05:46 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes but I also eat veggies and fruits at lunch and dinner as well. It works for me but remember you have to find what works for you. These are only suggestions of what I do and from being on these boards a couple of months I have found that really no two people are exactly the same. You may need more fiber than me. I know the big things that help me are drinking plenty of water, stool softners, and cutting out all of the seven deadly sins! LOL

#125124 - 11/24/04 06:15 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hi there. I am also having slight problems with this diet and my C. I definitely need more insolubles in my diet than this diet prescribes. I think having solubles as a base is a good strategy. I am slowly getting control over the pain by eating small portions and eating SLOWLY. Hope this helps.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3583

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review