All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
A.M Gas!
      #120358 - 11/09/04 04:16 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Every morning, I wake up with tons of gas and some pain. I don't eat in the middle of the night, so where is all this morning gas coming from, and more importantly, is there anything I can do/take to make it go away?

It wakes me up every morning, early! I can't sleep because the build up is so great.

Doesn't seem to matter what I ate the night before, either.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A.M Gas! new
      #120367 - 11/09/04 04:39 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

This is what I do!! I take three gas x every night right before bed!! I also take two before dinner!! Now I pass a ton of gas in the morning but I no longer get bloated real bad or have the gas pains!!! Plus my daughter thinks it is real funny when her mom toots around the house all morning!!! This is just a suggestion!!! I also drink I cup of very strong fennel tea at night while I watch tv!!!

Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: A.M Gas! new
      #120469 - 11/10/04 06:47 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have had AM gas all my life. My sister used to tease me about it. I never have had pain with it though. But it is entirely due to my bowel getting ready in the morning since that is when I go. When you are stable you might still be a little gassy then but the pain will go away and it should be fine. It is just another thing that should certainly get better.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

on the pain... new
      #120504 - 11/10/04 08:03 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I've been woken up by early morning gass pain as well, and yeah, no fun in the middle of the weekend! I have found it helpful to dring tea at night, about an hour before bed time. Also, if you can avoid disruptions to your sleep (like a cat jumping on your head - which is often the case in my house) it may help your tummy to remember not to get moving before the rest of you does. Hope it gets better!
Min

Re: on the pain... new
      #120547 - 11/10/04 10:24 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Do try the gax-x! It helps to break it up into smaller bubbles and makes it less painful and easier to pass! Also, I find I feel better in the AM when I have gotten up in the middle of the night to pee. I usually pass a little gas while I'm up and it makes my tummy better when I get up in the morning. On the rare occasion I don't have to get up to pee I'm definetely more painfully gassey when I do first get up! I think all the gas bubbles settle over night and build up. Be sure to try and at least do some stretching in the morning, it will help get the gas out!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

What type of GAS X new
      #120550 - 11/10/04 10:28 AM
Augie

Do you also take the gas x at bedtime like Heather suggested? I usually get up to pee every night too!
What type of Gas x do you guys recommend? The chewable kind? Does it matter if it's peppermint creme or cherry?

--------------------
~ Beth

Edited by Augie (11/10/04 10:36 AM)

Re: on the pain... new
      #120556 - 11/10/04 10:35 AM
michele

Yes!! I take the gas-x during the day if I'm going to eat something questionable of known to cause gas, like beans. Otherwise, no matter what, I always take it before bed and usually before dinner as well! Heather had this same problem and I tolf her to try this and it has really helped her! Buy the generic brand its much cheaper and just as effective! They are also cheaper at places like K-mart and Wal-mart as opposed to your local drug store! You have to really take the maxium dose for the best results so stock up!

--------------------

Re: What type of GAS X new
      #120567 - 11/10/04 10:45 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I buy the Genreric Gel caps!!! I realy would give this a try!! I can not tell you enough how much this helped me!! I have Michele to thank for it!! It realy has been a Godsend!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Generic gel caps new
      #120573 - 11/10/04 10:51 AM
Augie

There is no sorbitol or other no nos in these? I've find many antigas that do! They put that stuff in everything. Where do you get these from?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Generic gel caps new
      #120578 - 11/10/04 10:55 AM
michele

There was a post asking this recently and I remember I checked by box and it did NOT have any sorbitol in it. I don't currently have the box with me, I just carry the blister packs at work to save room. Anyway, the box I looked at was the generic for gas-x at rite-aid. It was more expensive then the ones I get at k-mart but none of them have seemed to bother me at all.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5255 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2114

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review