All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
peppermint caps
      #120187 - 11/09/04 08:57 AM
NikkiZ52

Reged: 05/16/04

I am an IBS-D...I have a lot of spasms, and want to start taking the peppermint caps. Am I only allowed to take 3 a day? I need to stop the spasms throughout the day, but also throughout the night...the spasms are so bad at night, I am up every couple of hours throughout the night. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: peppermint caps new
      #120194 - 11/09/04 09:06 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

you may want a perscription antispasmodic if its that bad.. but I take them in the morning - 1 and then again as needed, but my worst spasms are first thing in the AM... maybe try 1 int eh AM and 1 at night and see what happens?? you can add as needed.. I don't know why you coulnt' take more, but someone else may

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: peppermint caps new
      #120235 - 11/09/04 10:07 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I believe a read a message from Heather a while back stating that you should take 1-3 peppermint caps a day but I'm not 100% on that.
I know that they are quite strong and you should probably start off with that dosage or you might get problems with reflux since they are that strong.
I agree about also getting a prescription anti-spasmodic if your cramps/D are that bad. I'd give the caps a try first because they're cheaper and easier to get since you don't need a prescription but I'd ask your doc about it.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 408

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review