All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Weight loss new
      #2655 - 03/13/03 03:35 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Sharon, thanks to you, I've re-joined WW. I've only been on it for officially 2 days but it really feels great!

Their online program looks awesome - and its perfect for people like me who can't get to meetings.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#2673 - 03/13/03 06:43 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

I normally dont ecourage people to lose weight (I'm a fat accpetance activist!)...but since you asked...

I dropped 100 lbs without intending to. It was a side effect of trying to treat my IBS. This is what I did:

I cut most fat from my meals
I drink only water, occasionally pure fruit juice and skim milk
I exercise daily (exercise regulates the bowels)
I eat smaller portions, and switched from 3 big meals to 6 mini-meals a day
I dont eat after 6 PM because when I do it wakes me up around 4 AM with nightmares and stomachaches.

Maybe if you do what I did it would work for you?

But remember, some people are genetically meant to be big. Not sure if you knew that or not. I know I'm not because I was quite skinny when I was in my teens and early 20s. But there is a gene that makes some people heavy, esp. if they have always been heavy even as little kids.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

#2674 - 03/13/03 06:48 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

Weight Watchers leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...as a skinny kid growing up I saw my mom almost destroy herself mentally on WW. Seeing what it did to her made me forever swear off dieting (even though at the time I was thin and never had a reason to diet.)

I know another woman who said WW made her anorexia worse...she went to them seeking help to lose weight even tho she was thin. Instead of sending her to someone who could help with her eating disorder, they let her join and her anorexia became worse.

If someone really wants to lose fat, diets are not the way to do it. Diet centers know you will gain it back plus some, and its the return clients they bank on to make money.

I'd recommend just eating normal portions, healthy food and exercise. That's it. Worked for me, and I was not even trying to lose weight either.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1351 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2956

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review